Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

Posted by official FB site.

2 Likes

Tough hyena.

1 Like

Yeah Pearce tweeted about him training with the team.

Hendo apparently training separately with Milner and Elliott.

1 Like

Did you notice how pumped-up he was after scoring! All those nudges and pushes really worked him up. :firecracker:

1 Like

Loved the assist for Salah today, along with the opening goal.

2 Likes

Was a bit crap before his goal (took him a bit to get into the game), but his goalscoring is back to normal this season.

Loved the whole action for Salah’s goal, it was textbook Klopp, what kind of goal we want to ideally score under him from an in possession phase.

Back to front with as minimal touches as possible, cut through a team, if it’s not pressing/counter pressing from a without possession phase.

3 Likes

The header from Jota was sensational. I’ve watched it a few times because Im not sure how he managed to get so much pace on that. A basic flick through and Mane still has to be beat a defender. Jota getting that much on the header meant Mane just had to open his legs up.

9 Likes

Yeah, the best bit of that goal. I initially thought Mane’s touch would be too heavy, but it was enough in the end. Brilliant goal.

1 Like

And he was apparently injured at that point

If his knee was fucked, that might have been why he headed it?

Yeah because you don’t use your legs in 15 minutes of football or when you jump.

It wasn’t a serious point :blush:

1 Like

You have been awful Mane, come back you firecracker.

Excellent again. Didn’t get credited with an assist but he created our first two goals. The anticipation and acceleration to latch onto Shelvey’s back pass was as good as anything we saw all night.

He’s unlucky not to be putting the numbers up but he’s doing the business.

7 Likes

I’ve seen his numbers are actually very good (well up from last year) bar actual goals, just Salah is having a crazy season.

2 Likes

He hasn’t scored in seven games, but aside that he has been pretty good this season.

I just meant his goals and assists as that is what players tend to be judged on almost solely these days.

He gets no official credit for our first two goals but Firmino gets an assist for Trent’s thunderbastard. There’s something a bit off there!

6 Likes

Yeah that’s a mad one, he was close to Salah at some point…

Credit to him for getting a shot away last night and thus allowing Salah to knock in the follow up.

It was probably just a free kick but could have been a red to be fair. Still with us and 10 men I’d take the Salah goal.

2 Likes

I’m fine with his numbers (though only 1 assist so far this season), he’s not far off where he usually is/should be and his average since at the club. Physically an animal, just keep getting in chances and more goals will come.

1 Like