Expectations for the season

If it continues the way it is then top 4 has to be the end goal with this season so we have champions league football to play and still interest players to sign…

If we find some sort of form in next few games then a cup run and or champions league run must happen to soften the blow of losing our title

Need more than 2 leaders on the pitch tho aside from Hendo and Milner… time for the rest to stand up and be counted now as Liverpool players and as reigning champions. If they want better deals or anything off the pitch then it’s up to them and Klopp to prove it all over again ON THE PITCH…

They did it before and can and will do it again

And yet if not for a brain fart by Adrian, we would have still managed to get through after all the (especially in the first leg trying to get Mane sent off) shithousery.

AM got a goal early in the first game, then as expected turned to the dark arts, and the ridiculous rolling about on the floor, sniper shot style with a Hollywood roll.

To be honest we still had the knack to score so many ways last season.

I don’t think it’s as simple as teams learning how we play, TAA had massive of space time and time again on his side and the quality just wasn’t there, he delivers some zingers in form and make Burnley actually defend like that one in the first half.

One thing I will say about last night, it was better than it had been, we tested Pope at least and should have scored.

We are now in a dogfight for fourth and we need to reverse the trend and that starts Sunday, a win would probably do the world of good.

The Ath Madrid is a good game to point out, we had that game in extra time and if Becker was in goal we would have gone through, simple as that.

1 Like

I’ll settle for top four … and a cup double.

Things could always be worse.

We could follow literally any other club.

7 Likes

True, one thing in the back of my mind in all this and probably why it hurts more is we know we are better than this.

3 Likes

I’ll take top two.
Champions League.
FA Cup.

1 Like

I got this sent to me from our friend @red_jedi formerly of TIA. And I needed to see it. Been pretty down last few weeks with RL stuff, and I got a bit too hard on the lads. YNWA really stands for something right now, especially with Gerry’s recent passing.

Hang in there folks, the lads need our support more than ever. Show them some love

Thanks for the reminder Aynit, hope you’re lurking somewhere. A true Red.

4 Likes

I still think we’ll win the league with VAR reversing all the decisions against us and citeh will be banned from all sporting activity forever.

8 Likes

Good puff this week, then??

6 Likes

You can call me deluded.

Thing is, I didn’t get carried away when we were running away (or was it, towards :thinking:) with the title last season and I’m not giving up on the title this season. Yes, last season I was quietly confident and this season I’m apprehensive. Truth is, we didn’t win anything at this point last season (remember Klopp, you don’t win anything in January!!!) and there’s everything to be won at the same stage this season.

Yeah, we have been atrocious.

There, I said it, you happy now! But that’s by our own high standards. If City, Spurs and Thugs win their games-in-hand; we will end up sixth, seven points off the top. That is a challenge, a formidable one as well; but not beyond reach, not with 19 more games remaining. Despite their lofty status, none of our competitors have managed an amazing run like we did in 2013-14, 2018-19 and in last season.

Don’t piss in your pants.

Like school-yard bullies, our competitors are counting on us to falter. They got nothing. Stand your ground and they will back down. Wembley, Basel, Kiev, 97-points; we were bruised and battered, but never beaten. Call me deluded, but the only thing lost at this point is the League Cup, meh :roll_eyes:.

7 Likes

It might be worth bearing in mind that while it’s January, the league started late and we’re behind where we normally would be at this stage.

We’re basically half-way through. While I know the form is a genuine worry, there is still a long way to go.

4 Likes

In general I don’t think our play is that different from last season, some say we played brilliant against palace and crap since but in reality it was just the finishing we scored 7 from 8 attempts. Since then we have had 80 - 90 attempts and nothing is going in for us. We obviously miss Virgils passes out from the back and Trent has been off form, even Andy’s crosses not his usual standard. One other thing is when Nat or Rhys play at the back it makes our team a bit nervous and Henderson has to play much deeper.

2 Likes

We will come back, wait and see. But it will be close this year.

Y.N.W.A :pray:

3 Likes

The worst thing is that, despite our current poor run, we would still be top of the table if this country had anything approaching fair arbitration.

We should have at least six more points and United about the same number fewer.

7 Likes
1 Like

My expectations for the rest of the season? Simple really

and the cherry on top would be

5 Likes

Just those three, aussielad? You’ve left off the fair play trophy?!?

2 Likes

That’s how long since we won the FA Cup :scream:

Now I want to win it badly.

1 Like

Meh, the fair play trophy is insignificant if we are winning the big ones.

So let Citeh and the mancs fight over it

1 Like