Expectations for the season

While we’re talking about expectations, how much longer did everyone thing we’d be able to go around the high nineties mark?

We had a 97 point season and a 98 point season. We can’t go at that pace forever. It’s unnatural.

Man City did two seasons before they fell back. Into the pack. They are looking ominous again, but they struggled last year.

2 Likes

Well, take the Aston Villa game out of the equation and we still have the best defence in the league after City. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a mammoth effort from everyone, to still be in the hunt with all 3 first team CB’s out.

We need to ensure, we buy some cover this window to ease pressure off Fabinho and don’t burn him out to an injury as well.

There’s still lot of games to play, lots of ups and downs to come. I still feel the battle will be between us and City and on current form , City edges, but I won’t bet against Jurgen’s lot yet. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

What this handsome devil said.

3 Likes

Playing devils advocate if you can only win 1 of those trophies which would you go for?

3 Likes

The league again to keep both Mancs in their insignificance.

12 Likes

I agree 100%

4 Likes

+1

No question, really.

2 Likes

As the venerable cynical old git would say, Never in doubt

1 Like

Yes…he is very venereal.

1 Like

Whatever will be will be now.

Suffice to say, this is not going how I had planned.

2 Likes

I’m going for a “Jonesy’s worst nightmare” sadly…Pot less.

As always, the answer is to win the league.

18 Likes

How cute. It always is, coming from neutral/opposition fans.

:joy:

1 Like

I have higher expectation in Champions League. Our tactic and our gameplan have been thoroughly figured out by our opponents in PL, but this is not necessarily the case for Champions League.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Atletico knocked us out by playing deep and on the counter.

1 Like

Yes, but not all Champions League teams are Atletico. In fact, if we face say, Bayern, we could even choose to play counter-attack and defense.

2 Likes

Nice, a little perspective is a good thing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:pray:, :pray:, :pray: :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like