Expectations for the season

I didn’t see it as dramatic as that. City added a few things, it’s not like they needed a completely new team over night, they will continue to add 2-3 players next summer with Pep’s new deal. Them losing 2-5 to Leicester certainly didn’t mean they were dead, just like us losing badly at Villa…

We were favourites, sure. But massive? Nah. Especially with so much unknown this season and all circumstances. In the long run, and we’ll get more answers on this still this season, we’re still both the two best sides in the league in my opinion.

We took a gamble at CB, something they did too the summer before. Is it frustrating that we can’t react? It is. But we’re also working in a different way. Not sure if even some clubs who can spend more can find the right option at the moment. That’s a different topic.

3 Likes

Fuck me. We can’t even beat Europa League dross like Man U at home; what chance do we have against the continent’s heavyweights? :thinking:

1 Like

I just wanna be able to go to a pub and order a pint at the bar.

That would do me very well, indeed.

1 Like

Erm…

Most difficult league in the world??

:man_shrugging:t4:

More accurate.

1 Like

We are forced to play with a different CB pairing each week. We are forced to play with different midfielders who also are forced to play different roles each week.

No wonder we are struggling.

We are missing the best CB in the world. We are missing three CBs who won us CL and PL.

We are missing Fabinho in midfield who is one of the best DM in the world.

Today we were missing our most influential midfielder in Henderson.

1 Like

Hoping for some luck with injuries now.

• Matip to be able to play 3 out of 5 games until the end of the season

• Keita 2 out of 5 games

• VvD to return in April :pray:t4:

• Jota to return before the end of the month.

1 Like

Pearce says Jota should be back at the start of February.

3 Likes

That’s three more league games without him - could be worse. But would be great to have him on bench at least vs. Hammers on Jan 31st.

Maybe, but there ain’t no escaping the fact we cannot put the ball in the net lately.

1 Like

Get top4 and prepare for 21/22, not much else to do.

1 Like

Bobby and Salah get a lot of grief with Mane getting a free pass but he has only 3 goals in 14 league games.

UEFA Champions League and FA cup winners 2021 potentially. Seems unlikely but we won’t just give up.

“Expectations for the rest of the season”

Getting less by the week. :rage:

No just adding a couple of reminders to another poster’s resignation.

Yeah, I just wouldn’t class that as expectations, more like hopes. Btw I don’t take top4 for granted at the moment, but if we can stop the rot I expect us to get it.

EDIT: Looks like the man himself thinks the same

1 Like

If City, Everton and Villa win their games in hand, we’re in 6th.

Granted Villa would have to win 3, but still, it’s depressing. :rage:

1 Like

Believers to doubters? Fucking bottlers more like.

Not even half way through for fucks sake.

6 Likes

Still over half a season to go. But this tide needs to turn soon we were waiting for a reaction after West Brom then Newcastle then Southampton now Man U.

2 Likes

For me: qualify for the CL, get out of this awful season in one piece

I think everything is still achievable, but between our slump, the lack of atmosphere, and the general hysteria it’s just not enjoyable.

On a personal level I feel extremely worn down by the last year and a half and the relentless march of game after game is exhausting rather than diverting.

5 Likes