FA Cup 2021-22... Hope we are up for the cup this season...forlorn hope?

Yep, If Chelsea go out it’s been us and City.

1 of Soton & West Ham going out tonight too, Soton currently 1 up.

1 Like

City
Chelsea
Palace
Southampton
Middlesbrough
Everton/Boreham
Forest/Huddersfield

Please don’t give City one of those non PL sides for once.

1 Like

As usual, they’ll get the weakest remaining team.

So that means the winner of the Everton v Boreham Wood tie.

4 Likes

This but unironically…

Forest/Huddersfield I’m sure it was planned before the draw.

Home tie is all I want, rather not have Chelsea with extra time and pens as the bench on Sunday showed they are tough then again it’s Anfield.

1 Like

I’m expecting Middlesborough or Huddersfield/Forest away in the next round.

it’s contractually bound. With the exception of that CL draw against us, they must draw one of the weakest teams in cups and if not, the draw must be repeated.

1 Like

Who knocked them out of the league cup? Wasn’t Spurs was it?

West Ham apparently away, I remember that being a very odd draw for them first time they effectively got anyone difficult and they went out. Won’t make that mistake.

Boreham Wood it is then.

1 Like

At home is the only thing I care about.

3 Likes

I love that we’ve suddenly decided to have a go in the cup.

Probably being a bit unkind here on Jurgen, probably more the case that’s we finally now have a squad to compete on 4 fronts

1 Like

FA cup draw is tonight aprox 7.45 on ITV

1 Like

It’s also that you need a decent draw as well.

2 Likes

I think on our day, we could beat any team with the team we put out last night, but in past years, we’ve tended to be down to the barebones by the time the lesser cup competitions come around, so much so that we see much more youth players than Jürgen would perhaps be ordinarily willing to risk.

Our philosophy around these tends to be, rest the most important, closest-to-burnout players completely, and instead play those who need games, including the kids whom we might want to give a chance to.

First time we’ve been able to discuss who you would leave our of the match day squad in Klopp’s tenure helps.

2 Likes

Lets hope the Cheaters get Chelski… Yeah right as though that is ever gonna happen.!

1 Like

They’re getting Forest/Udders. Go and put your house on it now. Pay the tax though, yeah?

2 Likes

Maybe Middlesborough but yeah it’s one of those

I wouldn’t be too upset if we were to be drawn against the Cheaters at Anfield. They’re currently in a dip of form, good chance to get the better of them.

But I suspect, as others do, they’ll miraculously get the weakest team in the draw.

3 Likes

I think I’d be happy with anyone at home, would like City to get Chelsea mind get rid of one of the cnuts

1 Like