Fábio Carvalho (on loan at Hull City FC)

Yes a lean :+1:

Good lean,lad,you’ll go far around here!

1 Like

Right hand over left hand very sophisticated but also casual. Very impressive.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Welcome to LFC Fabio,
I have heard so much about you, cannot wait to see you grace the pitch in the red shirt. You are on the way to being a superstar. Best of luck.

1 Like

Klopp:

“Fabio, wow, what a season he played with Fulham. Getting promoted [with a] football-playing [style], properly football-playing, is not easy.

“So, Marco Silva obviously did an incredible job there, but a big part of that was absolutely Fabio. And Harry Wilson obviously, our former [player], and Neco [Williams] of course.

“When we watched him it was a pure joy to watch him, absolutely. He can play so many different positions for us, the way we play. At the minute he’s not really set on one position – it’s the wing, it’s the eight, it’s the 10, it’s the false nine if he grows a few more muscles.

“It’s a short-term and a long-term project; he can start tomorrow and he needs to adapt, you can see that a little bit, but when he has the ball that’s proper quality. I’m over the moon that he’s here. Fantastic prospect.”

7 Likes

Well this is strange… :face_with_monocle:
https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1683529111954702351?s=20

Well, it becomes much clearer why he didn’t play more last season then… :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep that article and his comments speaks volumes, and explains a hell of a lot.

1 Like

Another Bobby Duncan type - thinks he should start every week etc. Throws a hump if not. Don’t need that sort in the team.

Hopefully he does well at RBL (not Dortmund!) and we can get a nice fee for his services.

1 Like

FIFY

Is there an article to read? I dont see anything other than the quote in that tweet (xeeeet)

1 Like

Maybe time to re-edit the title to “Good luck at Leipzig…for the season, Fabio” :laughing: :man_shrugging:

https://twitter.com/BenBocsak/status/1683833506806501379?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1683833506806501379|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

So the other stuff was fake news then?

I would have thought if there was an issue, he would have been allowed to move on permanently this summer, but it sounded like the club were very keen to only let him go on loan.

I still expect he will move on if I’m honest, I don’t think he is a Bobby Duncan who hasn’t even proved himself to play at first team level.

1 Like

Maximise profits by letting him showcase his talents elsewhere? Maybe he’s got a chance with a better attitude after this season?

Who knows, but I agree, seemed the club were keen to only loan him.

2 Likes

If that Liverpool.com piece is correct, and he’s likely said something that’s been spun by the media, I retract my comparison to him with Duncan.

3 Likes

Ahhh Idk anymore what’s real and what’s not HIYH…have we really signed AlexiMac and Szobo? Did we really win #19 and #6 under Klopp? Are we really getting this old this fast?

You’d like to think it is but perhaps he said both at different times?