Festivals and Celebrations

:candy: :candy: :candy: :candy: :candy:

1 Like

Congratulations grand dad. Grand children are great. When they are young if they play up you can hand them back to the parents. When they become teenagers though they can become expensive :slight_smile:Then of course along come the great grand children and off you go again.

2 Likes

Umm, thanks, but it’s @Flobs who became a grand dad :joy:

1 Like

Sorry Ifti. I though I was replying to Flobs :persevere:
When you get to my age you will probably make these kind of mistakes as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understood.
Thanks, I’ve been looking forward to it a new ‘distraction’ in my life. As they (the parents and grandchild) live 50 miles away I’ll be able to choose my rhythm. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Happy Chinese New year. Year of the Ox.
:muscle:

2 Likes

One thing to note is that this doesn’t precisely align. If you’re born in January your Chinese zodiac sign will likely be that of the year before.

Mine is Dragon.

2 Likes

Yes the years there are aligned with the Lunar (Chinese) Calendar which is different from the Gregorian Calendar.

For ease of reference, you can just find it the reference to Gregorian Calendar here against the animal according to it.

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/calculator.php

2 Likes

I’m still a Rat FFS

1 Like

Now I know why you hide under your bed so much. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

I know its the Chinese New Year, but i didn’t want to make a separate thread for New Year.

Happy Nowruz (New Year) to any of the Reds celebrating it around the world. @GermanRed

20210320_185401

3 Likes

Ramadan Mubarak to the muslim Reds around the world.
In London, it is the first day. Scotland start tomorrow :thinking:

5 Likes

Thank you @Maria .

It’s probably going to start from tomorrow in Bangladesh.

1 Like

I think alot of countries in Asia are starting Ramadan tomorrow.
I am trying tp find where i put the ramadan deco + lanterns.

1 Like

Yes today is the first day if Ramadan for our Muslim friends in Singapore and the region.

2 Likes

That is interesting, i thought they would be a day later.

Shuvo Nobo-borso, wishing you all the goodies of a fabulous year.

1 Like

Why is it different in different countries?

1 Like

I don’t understand.

Bangla new year is celebrated by Bengalis in Bangladesh and some states (West Bengal and parts of Assam & Tripura) in India. Though, there could be similar events in other parts of India (specially in the northern states) since the Bangla Calendar (hence the new year and it’s celebration) was created during Mughal Empire which spanned across India.

Apparently London, Scotland and Singapore all had different starting dates for Ramadan. Bengali New Year is something different isn’t it? I know it’s celebrated by Hindus in W.Bengal

1 Like