Festivals and Celebrations

Ramadan, hmm, that’s a bit of a mystery to me as well. It depends on the sighting of the moon rather than the actual lunar cycle. So there would always be some confusion. Besides, presently, as far as I know, some prefer to follow certain center of gravity (KSA, Delhi Mosque). In short, the whole process is chaotic.

It’s not a religious thing. All Bengalis, irrespective of religion, follow the Bangla Calendar.

Each country’s usually sight the moon from their country, or those who don’t will either follow the nearest muslim country to their own. For example, muslims in Norway and Sweden would follow Ramadan timings from Turkey. A few may follow Saudi’s Ramadan day.

Be blessed, always. :pray:

1 Like

Eid Mubarak yes, it’s another one everyone. Be blessed, always. :palms_up_together:

Eid Mubarak. May you be blessed with peace and health. :palms_up_together: :heart:

@gasband I have changed the title.

3 Likes

Peace and Blessings to you too Ifti :slight_smile:

and a belated Happy International Workers Day

4 Likes

Happy Solstice everyone.

For those of us in the Northern hemisphere it’s the most bittersweet day of the year.

Celebrate the cycles of nature. What goes around, comes around :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Musiques en fêtes at the Theatre antique of Orange last night, a television emission in france ‘live’. It’s an on invitation however those who attended where so happy it was a real pleasure working last night. Old couples coming back, patient and smiling in the early hours of the morning. None of this ringing the door bell like crazed idiots. No just one simple ring wait for me to come out of my lair and open the door for them. … and people ask why I like my job, well it’s those smiles. People who have enjoyed themselves so much that all their expense was worth it they go home with great memories, even if the Hôtel was shit they don’t care.

2 Likes

Days are so long, and nature is at it’s most energetic today… I was up at five o’clock this morning. Woke up from the birds’ singing, or let’s rather say, frantic shouting (apart from the blackbirds, bless them, what a voice they have!).

It’s a great time in the year, one of the Celt’s main festival at the time. But yeah, bittersweet… even though there are still many great months ahead, it goes downhill from now on in terms of light and energy… :expressionless:

Happy solstice everyone!

Eid Mubarak my dear Reds :heart:. Tomorrow is Eid ul Azha, the festival when we sacrifice a cattle. Wishing peace and health to all of you.

1 Like

Best wishes to you and your family Ifti :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Post some pictures of your barbecue.

What’s a cattle?
Did you mean kettle?
or a little cat? (If it’s this one you’ve had it the rest of the world will track you down).

:ox::water_buffalo::goat::dromedary_camel::ram:

1 Like

… some cattle, then, and some other stuff for good measure. :smile:

1 Like

Wishing TAN family a very happy Diwali. Praying you and your family are blessed with health, happiness and prosperity :blush:

2 Likes

How are you guys (and ladies) planning to spend/celebrate the New Year’s Eve?

My hoard is going to descend upon us this evening for an early family get-together.

Ifti’s horde on the way

Happy People GIF by AsmodeeGames

Will be watching the fireworks from a friend’s harbour view terrace.

Jealous?

Don’t be. The dreaded in-laws will be there.