Festivals and Celebrations

I’m working!

Curry for me, then some work.

Wild.

Safe to say that we didn’t starve :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Quiet night in…meal deal from M+S…bottle of Bucks Fizz…wild…

2 Likes

Are those the nuts from your horde… Oh sorry I meant for your horde

Since it has been a crap year for me mentally and physically, especially losing a loved parent. It will be a subdued one for me.

It will be my first new year abroad, I am kinda curious to see how the new year will be in Toronto. I will probably watch the coming of the new year on the tv with the family, reminisce of the happier times and have some food.

@PeachesEnRegalia I just read the news about your Mum on the in match thread. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Hang in there. The TAN family are always here for you. They helped me alot.

7 Likes

Ta @Maria, I appreciate that. It’s a cunt, losing a close family member, especially when you’re halfway round the world from them.

Happy new year to all hear, hopefully better than 2022.

6 Likes

HNY from Sydney

Fireworks were good, ood was great

I have been drunk for all of 2023 so far

3 Likes

Fucking amateur.

I’ve been drunk for all of the twenty first century so far.

3 Likes

Gotta give it to us, we sure know how to put on a firework show…one of few things we actually get right in this country. Shame we have to wait another 365 days for the next 1.

HNY to all you , wishing y’all mother fuckers the very best in 2023.

3 Likes

Happy new year everyone.

1 Like
1 Like

শুভ নববর্ষ (shuvo nobo-borso), That’s happy new year in Bangla. Tomorrow (April 14) is the first day of Bangla calendar. May a new Sun dawn upon you.

An iconic and my favorite song of Bangla new year

1 Like

Only two views? Some people on here didn’t get the memo? :joy::wink:

To those celebrating Easter today in the Christian Orthodox denominations, happy Easter and a belated happy Easter from last week.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Maria! Wish you all the best in the world!

1 Like

@Nikola
I love Easter. I have 3 orthodox churches in my local area. I sometimes pop in and ask to light a candle

Happy New Year Ifti :+1:t4::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This was unexpected. I am going mad, i am so unprepared l.
We were all hoping it was going to be on Saturday😳. I haven’t done any Eid shopping or cooked anything for tomorrow.

Eid Mubarak to all those Reds celebrating Eid tomorrow, good luck with the preparations and the anticipated mayhem and to all the non-muslim Reds, stayed blessed always

2 Likes

Eid Mubarak Maria.

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) can tell me, why are they not sure when Eid will be? I thought it was based on the lunar cycle which as far as I know is completely predictable?

2 Likes