FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

2nd for me

Personally I think Kimmich Goretzska and Gundogan is a better trio.

But as well a lot of these nations only play with a 2.

Spain played with a 3 but in the groups England France Netherlands Brazil Argentina Portugal all played with a 2.

Yeah I think that is a pretty uncontroversial assessment. Other teams might have the players to match, but dont have the same experience and familiarity with each other and a commitment to play like that.

1 Like

I always enjoy listening to Jonathan Pearce commentating. Understated and pretty much always calls it right. Martin Keown too.

Just had Dejan Lovren on German telly. Would be fair to say that he is in good spirits.

1 Like

Whats the situation with FDJ then?

Technically one of the most gifted players in Europe so if Barca have paid him what he’s owed…cheeky little 50m bid?

Can’t see the Dutch scoring, a bit of a snooze fest.

1 Like

Thought that about Croatia.

Virg appears to be playing more as a sweeper. Not sure it’s helping. He seems to be pinned back.

1 Like

I fell asleep twice during this World Cup.

It happened both times today.

3 Likes

The Dutch can’t even get a shot on target.

Love how Messi ended up in the box there after rolling 3m

Close….

Come on you crazy dutch, put Argentina out please and we then just need to beat France.

Think the winner of France v England wins the lot

Gakpo and Depay been really poor.

Luuk De Jong on game changer

Virg barely touched Messi, and Messi gets a free kick. Earlier Messi has clear, purposeful handball, and no yellow for Messi. Crummy ref, and seem to remember this ref didn’t do Liverpool any favors in the past.

On another note, not a fan of Gakpo. He is having a howler, very ponderous. I would say that he is gak, but that one writes itself.

My wife did that this afternoon. Woke up for the penalties. As she called it, the edited highlights.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I was in and out of sleep all afternoon and I remember the first 5 of this.

Both goals in the last one woke me. Missed this one.

1 Like

Ref seems to favour the argies here.

Fuck me rigid this is boring.

Penalty for Messi 2-0.