FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

The qualification stage is complete, finally.

Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands
Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales
Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland
Group D: France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia
Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan
Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia
Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon
Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea

Senegal and the Netherlands will play in the inaugural game on November 21. The knock-out stage will start on December 3 and the final will be held on December 18.

Premier League (and all other European leagues) will pause after November 13 and resume on December 26.

Some pretty weak groups there. Shaping up to be the worst world cup ever, in a desolate sterile hellhole.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Won’t be watching due to this.

How the fuck did Colombia not make it but Ecuador do?

1 Like

Jota v Nunez

Think that’s it as far as our guys going up against each other go.

He should have quit a long time ago

2 Likes

Was wondering if they would replace Page but he deserves to take them to the finals.

2 Likes

Trent, Henderson v Williams

Thiago v Minamino

?

Chances of Williams/Minamino still being a Liverpool player by the end of the summer?

I don’t think Thiago is even going to the world cup.

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

Got to love it.

Hope they are out first round and that they never make another tournament.

1 Like

Further preparing for the big shitshow:

1 Like

Watford just cancelled a pre-season game against them due to push back from fan groups. Good decision, even if reached belatedly.

2 Likes

Among a few other names Inaki Williams and Tariq Lamptey have been cleared to represent Ghana national team.

tbf their entire squad was full of a cold.

At this late a date, there are now discussions to move up the opening game by a day with a whole host of changes having to be made to accommodate it.

As it stands, there are 4 games on day 1, with Qatar’s game being the 3rd of the day. They are not going first because the Emir wanted to host a firework display before the game and needed it to be evening for that to work. Now, for “reasons” they are trying to move up Qatar’s game to the day before the opening ceremony

They should just fuck off the whole thing.

3 Likes

Going on holiday during the World Cup, can’t be arsed with the sportswashing shite.

3 Likes

like the previous poster this is what I’m going to do. Now I have to bring my holiday a day forward thanks to those lovely people in charge.
Somewhere with zero chance of any internet connectivity or possibility of walking past a TV with it on. North Korea?

1 Like

Yemen! Afghanistan!