FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Certain parts of Cornwall should be fine :wink:

Everyone with a modicum of conscience knows that this tournament should not happen.
Everyone who supports fairness, equity, equal rights for minorities knows it simply shouldn’t happen.
But it will.
This is the worst act of a catalogue of bad decisions by FIFA.

League seasons are compromised.
Players are at risk with heat and tiredness.
Supporters from minority groups are at risk.

The only way to stop the charade is by boycotting it.
But money, power and fucking greed will make sure it goes ahead.

Don’t support this crap.
Don’t buy any merchandise
Don’t watch it.

3 Likes

Mark Ogden is so full of crap :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

To be honest we will only know who it benefits when we get to the end.

1 Like

Looks like Chile might be going to the World Cup

I thought Columbia were trying this one a fair while back, glad it won’t be them. Dias needs a rest.

It was Chile who filed the complaint claiming the player was Colombian, despite Peru being best placed to take advantage of it (but may have elevated Chile to the play off spot).

It always seemed like a strange complaint for Chile to make if they didn’t in fact have evidence it was true, and so in retrospect its maybe not unexpected it would back around. As for the penalty, I know Peru lost their play off, but it would be really unfair to elevate Colombia over them into the automatic spot if they do remove Ecuador. I wonder if they’d do a playoff between Peru and Chile?

2 Likes

Gabriel Jesus, Gabriel Martinelli and Gabriel Magalhaes have all been left out of the latest Brazil squad.

1 Like

Sucks to be Gabriel.

Surprised about Jesus.

Ecuador face possible exclusion from the World Cup after confusion surrounding the nationality of Bryon Castillo who played in all the qualifying games for them.

Chile who made the allegations against them to FIFA could potentially take their place, or it could be awarded to Peru.

Peru should agree to take the place.
Then announce a boycott.
Then other countries join the boycott

1 Like

Seems Ecuador will remain.

Russia being scum? Well of course, now it’s the football peasants turn: Apparently they believe the Ukrainian manager was “discriminating against Russians and failing to remain politically neutral” when he said ““I thought, if they come to Kyiv, I will pick up a weapon and defend my city,” Petrakov said. “I am 64 but I felt it was normal to do this. I think I could take two or three enemies out.””

Russian peasants and drunks really are the lamest little trolls.

Looking at Liverpool players for this…

At the moment, I’d say.

Almost certain to go: Virgil, Hendo, Alisson, Fabinho, Jota, Nunez.

Questionable: Trent, Gomez, Konate, Thiago, Firmino.

Of the certain ones, only Virgil and Alisson are going to play maximum minutes. Possibly followed by Nunez or Jota. Then Hendo in rotation.

I still think Trent is closer to going than not, but obviously he must be a doubt with his whole England thing and recent events.

Thiago was back with his form at the end of last season, but it’s been a while since he dropped out of the XI (for Pedri, before the last Euro). He might be back, he might not. Spain have a lot of options there. Will depend on his fitness/form and other options.

Bobby was back now but still, Brazil are full of forward options, can’t be certain.

Gonna be very, very hard for Gomez and Konate.

Alisson isn’t a starter for Brazil. Nunez and Jota are likely to play regularly.

Yeah he is.

Tite sometimes gives other keepers a game, but Alisson is the no.1.

I don’t know much about Uruguay, Nunez should play regularly yeah and Jota also (decent competition in his positions as well), but probably not all the time like Dijk and Alisson.

Denmark/Hummel

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjDEvi3KxVm/?hl=en

It’s a muted protest for which the meaning isnt clear without the explanation, but they’ve clearly put themselves on the record for what that meaning is. Credit where credit is due. I hope they wear it in every game

1 Like

Its a cowardly protest, that means fuck all.
Its tokenism, and a trite response to the suffering of minorities in Qatar.

The ONLY protest is boycott this absolute heap of shit. That won’t happen, but it should.

1 Like

Here’s the BBC piece on it

What’s the betting FIFA ban it on the grounds it’s political?

2 Likes

I’d say, good luck to FIFA with banning it. the need to check themselves before they wreck themselves.

Canada hasn’t been in the tournament for 36yrs, most of my life. I’d normally be pining to watch them play, but couldn’t give two fucks ATM considering what’s going on with the middle east and this fucking shit-show of a fiasco of hosting the WC in the middle of winter to appease these dirty fucking oil despots.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be ironic if FIFA banned the kit, and Denmark said fuck you, we are not going…

Then we would have a boycott by a nation over kit design, whilst human rights violations got no meaningful response.

1 Like