FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_iNDkhQGDw

1 Like

You are right. If anyone is really want to boycott, go all the way. Tell Denmark if they still are going to the world cup, then they will pull all sponsorship. By announcing their moral higher ground, they actually have advertise themselves more than a logo on a jersey would. If only boycotts by commercial brands are sincere, please. Human rights abuse should be stamped out and called out but I don’t see these commercial brands doing any good, if any, I am sure Hummel are hoping to generate more money ever with their ‘protest’.

2 Likes

To me this is all disgusting. Whether it’s Qatar or these nations or brands who use these abuses like a poster child to show off how ethical and moral they all and implementing half past 6 actions and do fuck all. If you really condemn Qatar, there is really only one meaningful action, don’t sponsor don’t go or else all the niceties are just fancy words from a platform of privilege.

3 Likes

See, in Singapore we are so disgusted that we refused to qualify for the world cup.

3 Likes

Agree with your stance. I for one won’t watch a minute of this tournament and will swerve everything linked with it.

However, Denmark’s action is at least something. While a half-measure, it’s still probably better than doing nothing at all I suppose, like all other qualified nations?

Have anyone noticed how US and EU have been cozying up (not to mention the fact that they were always cozy) with Saudi & UAE in recent weeks? More than half the world (or is it more than that) is dependent on Arab oil/gas. It’s delusional to think there should have been any practical measures against Qatar. So, all there’s left to do is some mockery of protests.

Also, where’s the rage against FIFA???

There should be rage against FIFA, the ultimate rage.
They facilitated this crap, allowed domestic football to be fucked over and awarded their biggest prize to a nation with huge human rights violations.

They facilitated this.

2 Likes

Alisson has pretty much started more often than not since the Copa America (probably something to do with Taff being involved at club and national level).

It’s how far teams go, Uruguay could certainly be home early but you’d expect Brazil, Portugal and others to go further.

For us it’s mainly Brazil.

Need to boycott the entire gutter enterprise. Abu Dhabi and Saudi royal families too. Lock them all up if they visit, if they protest send them home in a carpet.

1 Like

Come on guys, less of the politics and more about the tournament…we have other threads for that, use them.

Was hoping to come in here and see people debating over who Iran’s key threats were & which players from the opening game people were excited to see, instead I get Russia v Ukraine and what is deemed legal/illegal in said country…we’re going there to participate in the most historical sporting event in the world, nothing more.

Obvious troll is obvious. But fuck off anyway.

I would be so upset were something to happen to the FIFA and hydrocarbon scum as they witness their ‘spectacle’.

3 Likes

Hummel protesting against the World Cup in Qatar by hiding all the details on Denmarks kits.

Puma protesting by designing the ugliest kits ever.

Kyle Walker apparently a doubt for the WC with his surgery.

We’ll see what that means for Trent…

The one with the no loud music symbol, does this mean we can’t play songs like Bohemian Raphsody and Freedom by George Michael? Asking for a friend. Maybe we can get an exemption.

I am understanding the religious and cultural sensitivities of the country, i mean I lived and work there, but the music one baffles me. I always used to hear music in the local souks (market places) over there

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yep, or having any ringtones by Crazy Frog.

What I want to know is for the no drinking alcohol, do we know when the commence date would be? I.e before or after landing in Doha…

Briiliant film Zoran👍 Doha is unrecognisable since i left that place, apart from the pyramid Sheraton hotel. When i was there, there were no buildings for miles apart from the hotel.

With regards to alcohol, the drinks will be available in dedicated fan zones and all hotels serve them.

Qataris are generally very welcoming and friendly people. The project manager spoke very explaining Qatar’s welcoming gesture, but that guests need to be respectful of the country’s cultural and religious sensitivities.

Edit.

Fuck Gutter. A disgusting plastic authoritarian shit hole which should be returned to desert and its sheiks can return to being camel herders and breeders.

Gary Neville gave a very balanced view of Qatar and addressed his concerns, but I kind of agree with Gary (God help me), you sometimes have to work with Qatar to instigate change within, even though it will take a long time.
They have a Women’s National team which is progress in my view.

1 Like

Thanks @Zoran it’s a good watch. The vibe and perspective is so different than usual Sky stuffs. Yes @Maria it was a well balanced (well intentioned!) piece.

1 Like