FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

No “Dating” odd rule for a place that’s trying to promote itself as a tourist destination.

They can go fuck themselves like with their bigotry but that and the music one are odd.

The irony is it doesn’t welcome me in the slightest.

4 Likes

The dating i think means, don’t show PDA for everyone.

The Qatar World Cup rules here have scored an own goal with that one.

@mattyhurst , they are not stopping LBGT community from participating in the tournaments as fans. FIFA will not allow it.

We will see.

I wouldn’t spend a single pound flying anywhere like that anyhow quite frankly.

5 Likes

Is it a real picture?
That twitter account has 77 followers.

Just checked the link again and its been removed.

I think Iran should be kicked out of the World Cup. One of their players have been arrested by police for showing a picture of support for the women on his instagram.

Its the tip of the iceberg Maria. Of course you are correct, but if FIFA kick them out then the bigger questions grow legs…

The whole situation re human rights, migrant workers, sexuality etc in the host nation is dissipated by money, TV vompanies, sponsors, FIFA and all manner of corruption.
I am so despondent about this mess, and thats without even thinking about the lesser issue of real football and the consequences this debacle is having on it.

1 Like

Ah fair enough sorry for sharing the fake news

It wasnt you that shared it :laughing:
It wouldn`t surprise me if it was true though.

1 Like

Sorry, i should have checked first. Looked legitimate to at first glance.

Another twat with no awareness

6 Likes

Murderer says its unfair people dont talk about the charity work they did.

3 Likes

Yeah, this guy deserves to be called out as what he is, a murderer. No excuses whatsoever.

“All we ask is for people to be respectful of the culture.”

A culture of slavery, murder and lack of respect for human lives? I’ll never respect that, fuck off, you twat.

4 Likes

Beckham is really showing himself
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2022/10/13/david-beckham-gay-qatar-doctor-nas-mohamed-world-cup/

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

Sponsors, individuals and teams not boycotting the world cup - take a look at this:

The hydrocarbon scum has only just met with Putin and said:

“We thank you for this and we are proud of this relationship. This will continue until the end of the World Cup. I am very happy to see you, Mr President. Thank you.”

2 Likes

It’s turning into LIV

2 Likes

That decision in 2010 to award these two tournaments will surely go down as one of the biggest acts of corruption in sports history

Or are we so inured to FIFA’s fuckery that we all just shrug?

6 Likes

Problem is up until around 2018 and even later Putin was treated with deference by the west, the same will probably be true of the oil rich powered states of the Middle East until it becomes almost unpalatable they are treated with kid gloves and tentacles like this dig in

Whether it will be too late and be pushed on by climate crisis or whether it will be an over extension by one of the states these things topple.

I am just slightly surprised that 21 years on from Al Qaeda’s full emergence into public consciousness that one of the countries that best protected them is owning a football club in Newcastle which is being fawned over and has a legion of weirdos with no interest in Golf seemingly wishing for the destruction of everything bar it’s own circus clown tour.

2 Likes

I kind of agree, but it’s important to remember they were thrown out of the G8 as early as 2014. Granted, that was 4 years after being given the tournament, but still a full 4 years before hosting it. And to me at least it seemed so little of the controversy about them hosting by the time we got there was about issues of personal liberty of Russians rather than their official international pariah status, which seemed really odd to me.

3 Likes

Johnson was blaming the annex of the Crimea on the EU at the time.

This will be worth listening to

It’s an odd collaboration, but a good one. Tommy Vietor was an Obama admin national Security Spokesperson and Roger Bennett is a scouser turned American who has forged a career here effectively teaching Americans to fall in love with the game. Tommy in his international affairs podcast has leaned on Bennett a lot over the years to understand the wider significance of what has happening in FIFA and so in lots of ways this collaboration makes sense.

So far only 2 episodes are released so Im going to wait until they;ve got a few more to binge before starting it