Former players and managers - general discussion

The B&W part is ace. The other bit should have been in a crown paints jersey though

2 Likes

Why didn’t we just put up a statue like that great one Man City got?

1 Like

That is genuinely one of the best, if not the best.

Brilliant quality.

2 Likes

Jota should spend the summer watching videos of Rushie.

3 Likes

Hahaha Crouchie.

3 Likes

Uh oh Rhian

Mark Gonzalez :firecracker: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Are there photos of the mural in various stages of completion? It seems because it’s almost photo quality that to me they must be using the grid method applied to a photo and using the brickwork to correspond to each grid rectangle.

This is not an attempt to play it down but the quality tells me they aren’t just freestyling it (perhaps no artist ever does on murals this big)

From the clips from TikTok/Youtube, it looks like the artist(s) projected the image. Very different from the one for Mo.

1 Like

Mario with a super goal today.

1 Like

Here’s the vid

7 Likes

Martin Kelly has left Palace after 8 years.

2 Likes

Anyone know what’s the story here? 1 league appearance, 1 FA Cup appearance, and 1 League Cup appearance in the last 2 seasons.

I love Martin Skrtel. HT against City in April 2014, he was punching himself in the jaw. Animal. Also, weirdly boy-band pretty after he left us.

Ďakujem, Martin!

1 Like

Same as it’s always been with him: injuries.

I can remember when he was coming through our youth teams- he had it all. Looked as though he would be our next elite centre half… and then the injuries struck.

2 Likes

Sublime skills, frail body.

5 Likes

Yan Dhanda released by Swansea
Tom Ince released by Stoke
Joe Rafferty released by Preston
Stephen Sama released by Accrington Stanley
Kai McKenzie-Lyle released by Cambridge

2 Likes

Wasn’t he rather highly rated at some point?

Reminds me of the days when we were linked with him again after he left us…

Dhanda was highly rated, then picked up a serious injury that curtailed his development, and he saw out his contract moving to the Swans.

Ince, imo, was never good enough when he was here. Now that the quality of our forwards has gone up considerably, he would be further away today.

1 Like

The amount of highly rated (big question by whom) young players vs what they went on to (not) achieve…

Tons.

Truth lies somewhere in the middle of fans/average media hyping up their own players and just a lot of players not developing exactly to the heights that were perhaps possible.

4 Likes