Ex-player: Rhian BREWSTER

Think Rhian got plenty of exposure because he had a good personality and was English. Also probably wanted to be on camera in comparison to other players. Just think he was not good enough. Remember his last pre season though scoring a good few so was sad he left us but brilliant by whoever made the decision. Got a good fee and cut him off at his peak for us.

1 Like

If you miss too much football at a crucial formative stage, it is very unlikely that you will fulfil your potential.

Brewster was one of the best in the world in the u-17 bracket. Then a bad injury, and by the time he is coming back, a lot of the others have bypassed him. He couldn’t dominate as he did a couple of years earlier, and his all round game wasn’t as polished either, so he was playing catch up on two levels.

That’s around the time we sold to Sheffield United. Most of us expected him to kick on, and I think we even had some sort of buy back deal in there, just in case he exploded.

But more often than not, fairytales don’t happen. Now there’s another injury, and who knows where this will leave him for the future.

You would have to think at the least a career lower down, if the hunger and desire are still there, but it doesn’t look like he will be a Prem player.

He scored a lovely penalty, top bins, right in front of me and my lad when Liverpool played Dortmund in a preseason friendly here in Indiana. We were raving over him.

Just shows the gap that exists between youth football and top level professional football.

1 Like

This kid really puzzles me. Did very well at Swansea (11 goals, 1852 mins) but totally flopped at Sheffield (4 goals, 2259 mins).

The charges are related to pitch invasion?

They hit a forest fan/some forest fans.

Yeah, this

Theres nothing stopping him from making a late career resurgence but he will probably be a bottom half PL player at best

Don’t see why they should be the ones getting charged when the fans were breaking the law by entering the pitch and they were merely defending themselves.

It’s a criminal offence for fans to go on the pitch. If the morons then confront the players and get a smack, tough shit.

BINGO! like this stuff:

I’ve seen a couple instances where hockey players here take shit from the fans and on occasion they strike back. One particular player named Domi had an fan taunting him who then fell into the penalty box with him and said fan took a few punches.

1 Like

Tie Domi…played for the Maple Leafs…massive head :rofl:

https://youtu.be/7iPOSAJBdLc

That one is slightly different as Cantona entered the stand.

Had the racist prick stepped onto the pitch, then I would support Cantona decking him.

2 Likes

Let me introduce you all the Buffalo legend Rob Ray. “Took a little force to him”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eElspvew7rw

1 Like

:clap:

6 Likes

Ha. Easy to forget he’s still in that age group for all the hype about him and subsequent disappointment of him not living up to it

3 Likes

Well done Rhiannon Brewster. I remember watching him a few years ago in a pre season friendly for Liverpool, here in Indiana. He looked a good player and I thought he would make it.

He had some injury issues and took a step down, and it looked like he might not make it at the top level. The jury is still out on that to be fair, but it’s always nice to see one of our former youngsters do well.

Delete Bill Hader GIF by HBO

2 Likes

Gotta love spell check. I did not give permission for that ‘improvement’ to Rhian.

1 Like

not happening no way GIF by Paramount Network

I’m afraid that kind of backtracking don’t work on TAN.