Former players and managers - general discussion

He played a good amount in the recent CAF, but they were missing Oshimen, Dennis and Inghalo who all pulled out last minute (with Covid I think). Beyond that there is still Chuckweze, Ihenacho

1 Like

Bristol Rovers have signed Jordan Rossiter from Fleetwood Town. He was Fleetwood Town captain but missed most of the season with injury.

1 Like

Not a player but may be of interest to some?

1 Like

Fascinating insight - stick the ball in the mixer for the big man at the far post.

Must have learned that from signing Carroll.

mixer satisfying GIF

1 Like

5 Likes
7 Likes

Of all the ex reds to ask that question :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Sounded like a bit of shit stirring to me

1 Like

What language is that?

2 Likes

Be interesting to see how he does in the prem

2 Likes

Will be nice to see Steve Cooper more closely, follow his work. Together with having Forest back in general. A lot of England’s “cult” clubs are back in the PL.

3 Likes

Nailed it about Downing.

He cowered in each game by paying the safe option backwards. He was bought in as a traditional type winger on the left, but he would rarely even attempt to get chalk on his boots.

Of course, there was some mitigation, with Suarez having one of those seasons where everything would hit the woodwork and Caroll failing to put away the chances created for him.

With Rogers then coming in, Downing was ill suited to his style. And of course, Rogers’ making everything revolve around him and slagging off players like Downing will not have helped.

It also brings back to the Premier league level one of the east midlands derbies.

2 Likes

Gerrard at Villa, Cooper at Forest, Beale at QPR… Suddenly our academy is becoming a pipeline for first team managers.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with Cooper. What was his involvement with us? When?

Used to be the U18s manager. I do remember hearing some murmurings about personality clashes though, he wasn’t very well liked I believe (whether that was the players or senior management I do not know) and he left us to go to a role with the FA.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/vlwlwi/lucas_leiva_has_rejoined_his_first_club_grêmio/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

5 Likes
7 Likes