Ex-player: Ki-Jana HOEVER

He has potential but not proven as yet. 10 million is decent plus a potential 4 million extra

Th deal is solid considering he has no real first team experience but has potential

Hoeverā€™s on against West Ham. Heā€™s got 18 mins to show what he can do, but Wolves down 3-0.

2 Likes

Rough for the kid. Good luck.

Just wonder did he leave to soon?? I know hes in and out of wolves team as a right wing back but would he have been given his chance with our injuries at centre back??? Hindsight and all that but just wondering was he that bit ahead in terms of playing the way we need a CB to play and ahead of nat and rhys. One of those we will never no situations

The few times he played in the 1st team he was always played as RB from memory. Not sure about what position he played in the youth teams so maybe he is more of a RB than a CB

1 Like

He played both RB and CB. People always talked about him as a CB, I donā€™t know why (maybe because he played there on his debut vs Wolves). He was always better as a RB in the youth sides.

I donā€™t think heā€™d have fared any better. Much quicker than our options but no good in the air at all.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t seen Sepp this season.

1 Like

What I saw of him last season (admittedly not a lot) I thought he was way of being ready for first team football. Probably needs to go out on loan to a Championship/League One side for a year in my view

1 Like

Some random minutes here and there, but he was always going to be the one for the future. Alarmingly, not even regular for the U23; though he has been in senior squad pretty often.

Thatā€™s probably why he hasnā€™t featured much for the U23 because Wolves will be trying to maintain separate bubbles.

1 Like

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/leaving-liverpool-best-thing-nxgn-hoever-anfield-exit/1w6fgbjzqfs31gdilw27j3cfd

2 Likes

He thought he didnā€™t know because it turned out he was wrong. Heā€™d have been ahead of Phillips and Williams if heā€™d stayed.

He would have had to been some clairvoyant to see whatā€™s happened to our back line.

2 Likes

Hey he was still wrong :rofl:

A more accurate statement from him would have been; ā€œI believed my playing time would be more than at Liverpool but who had realised Liverpools defenders would have been cursed? I made the best decision I could and would have been in the right but for some bat shit ridiculous chains of events!ā€

Iā€™m not sure heā€™d have been ahead of them anyway, Williams and Phillips were/are better CBs at youth team level.

3 Likes

Transfer fee to Wolves is Ā£9m, rising to Ā£13.5m.

Thatā€™s not happening :grin:

Maybe after Lage gets fired, which will likely happen early into next season.

Why?

This lad has his own thread :rofl:

Heā€™s been making some gains in the gym!