Former players and managers - general discussion

There were 21 years between the end of WW1 and the beginning of WW2, so it would have to have been a historical version of Milner to have been affected by both.

3 Likes

Yep, one who didnā€™t get killed, maimed or otherwise harmed by trench warfare. Seems a very tall order.

mcfly GIF

Just messing.

Kamil Grabara will join Wolfsburg from FC KĆøbenhavn next summer for ā‚¬13,5m. We have a 20% sign on fee. Wolfsburg also have the option to bring him in in January already - which might increase the fee.

4 Likes

Maybe Henderson can donate a few days oil money to settle the debt.

Write a rap going along with the lyrics and style of the John Barnes rap but change the topic of the rap to be about John Barnes owing 238k in taxes

ChatGPT

(Verse 1) Yo, itā€™s John Barnes, Iā€™m in a bit of a bind, Got 238K in taxes on my mind, Gotta pay Uncle Sam, ainā€™t no escape, But Iā€™m here to tell you, I ainā€™t pullinā€™ a fake.

I used to rock the pitch, I had that football flair, Now Iā€™m dealing with numbers, itā€™s a different affair, I dribbled past defenders, I scored some insane goals, But now Iā€™m dodging tax bills, thatā€™s takinā€™ its toll.

(Chorus) Tax man knockinā€™ at my door, canā€™t ignore, 238K, what am I workinā€™ for? I gotta find a way, gotta make it through, John Barnes in the game, Iā€™ll find my revenue.

(Verse 2) Iā€™ve been through tough matches, faced the criticsā€™ strife, But this tax debt, itā€™s a different kind of fight, Gotta hire a team, financial wizards by my side, To navigate these waters, I wonā€™t let it slide.

Iā€™ll negotiate, strategize, find some deductions, No red cards here, just tax reductions, Iā€™ll get back on my feet, bounce back from the fall, John Barnes, Iā€™m resilient, Iā€™ll conquer it all.

(Chorus) Tax man knockinā€™ at my door, canā€™t ignore, 238K, what am I workinā€™ for? I gotta find a way, gotta make it through, John Barnes in the game, Iā€™ll find my revenue.

(Verse 3) From the pitch to the boardroom, Iā€™ll rise above, Handle this tax situation with the power of love, For the beautiful game, I gave my heart and my soul, Now Iā€™ll tackle this challenge, take back control.

Iā€™ll pay my dues, settle the score, Learn from the past, and Iā€™ll strive for more, John Barnes, Iā€™m still standing, head held high, With determination and grit, watch me touch the sky.

(Outro) Yeah, John Barnes, facing this tax test, But like in football, Iā€™ll give it my best, No matter the challenge, I wonā€™t back down, Iā€™ll rise up, clear my debts, and wear that tax crown

1 Like

That is glorious and terrible :rofl:

1 Like

Uncle Sam?

1 Like

Chatgpt presumed John Barnes is American it seems. Wanted to keep the original first post so didnā€™t edit

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1701983112517869595

Another one of the many weā€™ve had through the club over the years that had me excited, only to never make it. Looks to be moving to Turkey (Rizespor)

I enjoyed him telling Alex Ferguson to ā€˜fuck offā€™.

9 Likes

Yep

And with those 2 words will forever go down as a legend in my book :rofl:

5 Likes
2 Likes

A guy said Fabinho was too busy checking the time on his new Rolex when this happened :0)

Debut.

6 Likes

Even the seconds before it show why Iā€™m glad he went that lazy lethargic jog around the pitch.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen more effort in charity/benefit games. :nerd_face:

Did he think he was warming down after a match?

The Rolex watch must have dazzled him.

He was great and an important cog in our CM, delighted we sold mind as I doubt heā€™s getting back to that level.

1 Like

Report: Ex-Liverpool transfer guru spotted in Manchester United directorsā€™ box on Saturday (msn.com)