Former players and managers - general discussion

Nah. I’ll just suffocate them in their sleep.

With their England pillows.

Dark.

You know me, right? :thinking:

You can only be a full kit wanker if you are old enough to wank. Unless you are an actual footballer on the field of play.

This doesn’t apply to Everton players who are clearly old enough to know better and have made some very poor life choices.

2 Likes

Depends.

Are they actually going to/from a game? Do they have boots on? Are thjey wearing those shitty Captains Armband?

I shit you not, I once saw a father come out of a pub in Earls Court with his 2 sons and 2nd son was wearing full Chelsea GK kit including shorts, socks, boots, headgear and ‘captain’ armband.

3 Likes

Kids are allowed to wear full kits. If they are older kids, and on the chunky side, the line gets blurred, but even then, full kit wanker is a bit strong!

3 Likes

You’ll be disappointed to hear that I also told him that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy aren’t real.

Bastard, aren’t I?

3 Likes

Beyond the pale :flushed:

Yeah, cruel… at least the kid now knows the Grinch is real, alive and kicking :0)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Maybe best to delete all your social media and don’t answer the door for a while…:thinking:

Oh and don’t forget your browser history :wink:

2 Likes

https://x.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1815303268958093571

4 Likes

https://x.com/RisingBallers_/status/1815768841102004237

3 Likes

https://x.com/AnfieldSector/status/1816042199978520685?t=ViM64qAHWwN1V03j_gvSTg&s=19

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Sepp van den Berg has reiterated that Liverpool’s valuation of £20m is too high. 'I know in today’s market (high prices) will happen,’ he said. ‘For the price they want for me, hmmm…

‘Liverpool may think it is right as I had a good season, if they want £20-£25million that is a lot more. Hopefully we can find a way. Maybe I stay, maybe I go. The first reaction from me is that it was quite high! It is also a compliment. But it makes it difficult, £20m is majorly high.’

[Lewis Steele]

2 Likes

Judging by all his comments he’s just interested in playing. I think the prospect of staying here and getting buried behind van Dijk seems scary for him.

But he’s done plenty of interviews (including these ones where he seems to be asking to leave) saying that his dream is to play at Liverpool and make it with us - he’s just concerned about playing time.

5 Likes

But that requires you to actually watch the interviews, which for someone many consider a fringe player, is not something that most people would invest their time in.

He’s 23, and Virgil is 33. I think if he stays he’ll get more time than he thinks.

2 Likes

Depends on what time he thinks he’ll get?

If I recall… many are clamouring for a new, top CB. If we do that, I very much doubt he will get the game time he needs to develop to his potential here which is probably around ~15 to 20 starts minimum this season (considering that is already a step back from starting 30+ last season).

It is really a situation of bringing a new CB in and selling Sepp or keeping him and buying either a younger CB or 30+ year old to be our 5th choice. Most are clamouring for the first scenario.

Yes, because it’s a flavour of the month to wank over. Unless these people also happen to have extensive experience in scouting good players who can fit into a team, I’m not sure what relevance their preferences have.

I think it goes back to what we said about being opportunist. If there is a player available who is a genuine upgrade on what we have, then I think we’ll move. But we won’t be buying anyone for the sake of it. If we go with Virgil, Ibou, Quansah, Gomez, and Sepp then fine.

1 Like