Forum team/mods/admins

Has he passed the physical?

1 Like

Oh, please let us hear how @SBYM imagines a TAN mod/admin physical!

I’d like to be a mod just to ban The - AllmightyReds

2 Likes

To be honest the way some of you guys go off at The Almighty Reds is pretty shabby. Smacks of pack mentality and is quite distasteful so have a word, perhaps. He’s got different views and I myself have disagreed with him and he’s not my cup of tea but by and large he’s not been rude or vulgar to anyone.

Disagreements are one thing, this constant ridicule and sticking the boot in at every opportunity is quite another.

6 Likes

I don’t subscribe to mob mentality, and there is an element of it in every group.

On here, there are some members who are sort of revered. For no great reason except they are loudest maybe. In a forum sense. Group think gives them licence. If you challenge them they will snipe back, insult or go quiet. But the forum in general loves them, so its a lone battle taking them on.

There are a few who you just ignore, more you should ignore.

@The-AllMightyReds sets himself up for arguments and seems to revel in it. I don’t agree with him a lot of the time, but I agree on the group think issue you raise.

ARD took a lot if stick, but I thought he was ok. To be fair I think he could still be here. Kopstar is missed as well…

If we have differences fair enough, sort or ignore. But keep it between ourselces.
Not always adhered to though.

5 Likes

There are a lot of people on here who are far more objectionable than @The-AllMightyReds

1 Like

Hehehehe pack mentality.

1 Like

I can see why you’d think that QS but I don’t think anyone really “revels” in argument especially when we’re all supposed to be on the same side here, the truth is I do say things which I know won’t be popular and will draw negative response (usually in the form of mockery - my own fault for not being able to tone it down) which is fine I can accept it, especially in match day threads when we’re playing poorly or go behind in games, a lot of it is knee jerking as I’m simply not in the right frame of mind,…I’m not going to hide how I feel on certain matters in the same way I wouldn’t want anyone else to, forums is all about expressing and having constructive debates. No problems at all with me if people want to mock me, or have a bit of a laugh at my expense…I usually won’t engage back and would certainly never result to petty insults or any form of abuse, it’s simply not in my character…against Everton/Utd fans maybe then and again when warranted but never against fellow red supporters…I don’t have a single issue with any poster on TAN and I never would just because someone else shares an opinion I may not 100%…50% etc agree with, and never had an issue with a fellow red on any social media platform nor in person. To take a sentence out of one of Semmy’s recent posts (which was beautifully constructed)…It’s just football folks.

2 Likes

now you’re just taking the piss. :laughing:

Yeah you know the 1 Semmy, sitting there acting like you don’t I’m sure it was you. Got a fair bit of love aswell if I remember right.

fake it til ya make it, baby

secret smell GIF

The issue with almighty is that he is all over the show with his opinions and contradicts himself, but as you say he isn’t rude to other people.

Regarding ARD, as you, I didn’t mind him initially, but in the end he got on my nerves because he was in every topic and overtook them posting the same thing over and over again.

Kopstar is missed because he had a certain area of expertise

Maybe he’s just a prick.

You’re right in that there’s nothing malicious or vindictive about him.

But 99% of what he posts is utter drivel; he’s like a child who has just discovered talking and never shuts up.

Taken from the man himself:

I’m not going to hide how I feel on certain matters

Nobody cares how you “feel on certain matters”; there’s no need to post every single thought that enters your head.

5 Likes

I think @Iftikhar should be a moderator because he is knowledgeable, calm and charming. He is also moderate.

PS The bank transfer came through no problem Ifti :wink:

1 Like

Darl, put the kettle on!!!

Someone has asked for a pot noodle!

You’re only telling me this now?!?!!?!?

Is this conversation leading to a final scene where the protagonist @The-AllMightyReds have a group hug with all his enemies and then break down in collective man Tears?

2 Likes

Please no more Mods. There’s enough abuse of power in this world already.

2 Likes

I have my reasons…doesn’t make me a prick in the same way Carra Owen Murphy Nicol Didi etc who get called far worst on a regular basis just for doing their jobs (players who actually gave their heart and soul for this club might I add) doesn’t necessarily make them pricks either…do you call out fans each time they have something bad to say about an ex-player or is it only fashionable to do so because it’s me? , I don’t owe the guy anything. I have no loyalty towards him and none of us should really…That said I have no problems with anyone that wishes him the best and wouldn’t take issue with that, I frankly hold a different view.