Gini Wijnaldum (CM) - PSG

More to the point: will Phil be begging to come back? :thinking:

1 Like

Fuck Phil, get Fati. With him, Harvey back next season and our front 3 we will banging gaols for fun with all the necessary squad rotation.

2 Likes

Can he play CB

If they plays to their potential, Fati and Harvey will keep the opposition defence occupied enough for us to worry about our CBs.

2 Likes

Doesnt inspire confidence in both terms… not sure about what the future of the project is going to be…

1 Like

He’s talking about Barca… Who are 1.2billion in debt with their best player about to leave…

1 Like

And there’s this, too:

Is this a wind up…hope so.

Is what a wind up?

When a legal entity runs out of money, it can lead to them being wound up. Doubly so here, as in is it a wind up that Barca are so out of funds.

4 Likes

Don’t forget, since Johan Cruijff made something of that club a lot of Dutch, not me, support that club from an early age. I would not be surprised if Wijnaldum sees it that way and besides with Koeman as the manager, he is assured in playing almost every match.

2 Likes

Yeah, there must be some of that as well. Even without Koeman as manager at the moment (a lot of things might change until next summer). Barca must mean something for a lot of Dutch football people.

2 Likes

This is an excellent point @Dutch. Really strong post. I agree with you and @Zoran here. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to know playing at Barca was a lifelong dream of Gini, regardless Koeman was there or not. It’s an intangible piece in all this that most casual or common football fans wouldn’t be able to grasp or understand.

Koeman being there is only the sweetener bc Gini knows the tactics, the role he wants to be deployed in, what’s expected of him, and like you say will likely be assured of playing every single minute of every match.

2 Likes

Yes, and despite all their troubles Barca will pretty much win something each season and 90% of their games is played in cruise mode…

For all it’s faults the EPL is a fucking tough league, you drop your level by 1-2% you get beat. In Spain he’d pretty much be on holiday and a lovely sunny wind-down to retirement winning some silverware on the way!

5 Likes

Did I see something today that this is officially done, Gini is gone at the end of the season?

1 Like

Nothing official. Think Gini made it clear a long time ago that he won’t announce anything until the club decides the right time has come.

5 Likes

Well never then!

1 Like

The amount that we have been playing him adds to the suspicion that he’s off. If we were to have the player for the next few years, we would have that in mind. If he’s off, we will get out of him what we can, while we can.

Putting it crudely, we are running him into the ground because soon it won’t be our concern.

1 Like

Just like Frank the Boer does, he will play him 3 times in the coming 10 days.

4 Likes

No, Gini has pretty much been ever present for us since he signed. Possibly our fittest and most robust player.

2 Likes