Guitars, Guitars and more toys that go with Guitars

So here is the ESP with set up, new nut, new strings and service.

Here is the Harley Benton with the same plus locking tuners fitted

1 Like

https://youtu.be/n-mq0uJ7rlM

6:53 - 8:53 — wow!

That ESP of mine is fucking cursed. Someone bought it on eBay yesterday at 3pm and have yet to pay for it.
They have until 5pm then Im cancelling the order

Back on eBay. Gave him until 10pm.

Is it on Facebook marketplace? I find eBay fees unpalatable to be honest.

hi
Yeah its on Marketplace, Reverb and Ebay (with 80% off selling fees).

Had a few enquires on Facebook but they all want trades for shite guitars.

1 Like

I always brose through Gumtree if I’m on the hunt for anything…
Never advertised anything on it mind so no clue what the rates are

Thought I’d post this up. I dont really watch these type’s of vids but this one caught my eye I guess. Soft spot for Les Pauls I suppose but what I found surprising was the obvious difference there was in tones between guitars that are essentially the same. And this is listening through garbage laptop speakers. I can hear exactly why he chose the guitar he did.

FUN FACT: Tim Pierce was the guy that wrote and played on Bon Jovi’s first hit, Runaway. When you know it stands out like a sore thumb, that it clearly wasn’t Sambora.

1 Like

There was a good interview with the guy that played the Runaway solo on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/ZQTqF5J0evY

Just picked up one of these for Metal as sounds great in Drop C.

Paid £640 for mine (after selling ESP) and its immaculate.

ps - thats not me in the reflection :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All this is tempting me down the line of a new guitar but in truth I simply need to be playing more. GAS is not the solution.

1 Like

Im gonna stop buying now.

I have Fender Player Plus HSS, Harley Benton Les Paul style and the Ibanez will be here on Monday.
That’s every type of music I want to play covered across the 3.

I have an acoustic but I rarely play it and its just for when I cant be bothered to grab the electrics out of their cases.

2 acoustics which I can’t play because they’re too noisy :roll_eyes: and the Tele.

I should look at finishing that home built strat but I’m convinced the body’s screwed.

1 Like

Dug the electric out again to try and help the little one a bit. He’s getting lessons at school but we’re really struggling to get him to engage in anything.

Low and behold I’ve got a heap of fret buzz and a dead fret on the top E and B strings.

Also anyone heard of a luthier called Jim Reed? I’ve one across a strat copy by him that is cheap.

https://youtu.be/ZsY4G57-hS0

Hey it’s a slow night…

by Phil McGarrick

Liverpool’s own Carcass!

2 Likes

Haha, one TV station in Serbia earlier today showed the episode Friends where Carcass are mentioned! I’ll never get enough of that joke.

so re my harley benton (post 1177) - i had the locking tuners put on and service etc but now Im thinking of changing pick ups.

I know nothing about fitting them - can any pick up go in any guitar?
Also im thinking I want a 80s sounding pick ups - any recommendations?
Cheers

Find a set of Gibson PAFs. They should go in without issue.

You certainly need to watch pickups on some guitars. Pole spacing etc. can affect things.

1 Like

Active or passive ones? If you want a versatile sound on passives, then Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz should be right up your alley (you may consider '59 and Custom pickups as well - that’s how they’re actually called, not really imaginative). You can get your '80s tones easily.

For active ones, it’s a bit more difficult but my EMG 57/66 combo does Judas Priest/Metallica sounds perfectly as they are voiced to be somewhere in between PAFs and 81/60 combo.

1 Like

Passive ones as my guitar doesnt have a battery (my new Ibanez does).

Thanks for tips chaps ill check them out.