Guitars, Guitars and more toys that go with Guitars

one of my favorites in their catalogue is the “From The Basement” sessions they recorded. drummer is a metronome and the bass is bang on with cadence and tone. Radiohead is such a good band for their sound, their lyrics and their ability to perform a wide range of music within the “rock” genre, even though albums like Kid A were more electronica-sounding…

with Jonny G fading in/out of timing with his random eclectic fills on a heavily-synth’d Fender, it’s such a warm ghostly sound…

Some do I think but being honest I think it varies and from one to another. Some you see with a big bank of amps behind them and they say’re playing through a Marshall 50w or whatever.

I wouldn’t last 20 seconds doing that.

1 Like

Any of you guys seen some of the virtual stuff that was done over covid when all the musicians were in lockdown? I cannot find any of the shows that I’d seen last year but a quick search found awesomeness like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GElP4YdrBE

1 Like

Loved that but not a lot of hiding room for some of them.

I have a massive soft spot for stripped down acoustic tracks.

I started with an Ibanez Electro Acoustic, think then it was an AES (2008) with pearl inlays and gloss black finish. Loved it, lasted about 3 years, before realising I needed solid wood… If thats the one you love then get it, they are well good enough quality. Ibanez is a major brand now, they make desirable guitars of good Q.

1 Like

Good Lord this is incredible!!

I used to have an Ibanez Talman electric/acoustic which I loved, but didn’t use enough so I sold it. I also used to have an Ibanez RG570 which also was a quality electric guitar.

1 Like

Mad innit. On two fronts. Firstly because it just is and secondly that I also happened to see it the other day as well.

Is it new?

Going to be cheeky here. I have an Ovation CC24 in Koa I can sell with a hard case.

Sadly I just don’t play it due to issues mentioned above.

1 Like

Blackstar HT-5R, B8 M4 T7, ISF knob (Blackstar proprietary feature, I think) set to fully emulate British sound. Depending on what I’m trying to learn, I usually run my guitar into it through Ibanez TS9DX (mainly on “+” setting) and TC Electronic Magus Pro (a very versatile and cheap RAT clone that I took the punt on and I now can’t put it down). I get gain from the amp itself and add a tiny bit of it from pedals because I’m like that and my friends think I’m a peasant because of it - but that’s the sound that I love! :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s that new. Mike Winslow doesn’t looks that old.

He’s is amazing though! What a unique talent!

1 Like

Steve Vai did make some good songs though…

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwj2n7626rz7AhV_2TgGHf2DC2QQ8DV6BAgTEAM&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Im laughing because thats what all kids think, but sounds like you got it down. I remember you getting that Blackstar how long ago is that? I assume its good, its the best low output tube amp. I have a few TC pedals, a great company, masters of delay I think, along with Boss.

I just cut all the bass out my Jazz Chorus, and lifted the mids, sounds better for home. Im told bass is the real killer Q to watch it can mud everything, especially at home in small rooms.

Agree 100%

It’s been two years since I got it - it had only one tube and 5W of power, so I thought “great, that should be quiet but gritty enough for playing in a small room” - you can see just how ignorant I was/am. That little thing is loud!

I bought TC’s Polytune 3 Noir tuner, by the way, because a friend used it and it turned out to be great. I don’t use a delay simply because I think that only people who can actually play solos use it but I’ve heard only the best about their Flashback models!

One for the music thread but just in case, did you check out OSI? He’s been in a few bands since but I loved his work with OSI.

1 Like

Oh for sure! As soon as their cd came out!

Hi Guitar Gurus.
I have an issue with my Fender after changing the strings.
The Guitar normally has 9s on but the shop only had 10s so I put them on.
I immediately took them off because I didnt like them (odd as I have 10s on my Ibanez and Harley Benton) and also the bridge was sticking out about 2 inches.
I put 9s back on but the trouble I have now is the bottom 2 strings dont fret at near the headstock and the top 2 strings seem too lose as not tuned properly.
Any ideas how to sort this?
Thanks

I’ve never had a Fender but I’m assuming, from what you said, that your model has some kind of a tremolo system (as it’s not a fixed bridge) ? Can you post a pic of the issues?

Cheers chaps
The bottom two strings dont ring out on first 3 frets and the whole sound including all the others is just off a bit.