Happy Solstice Everyone

Happy Solstice Everyone wherever you are. This is a significant part of the year as the days start getting shorter or longer depending on which hemisphere you live in. For me, it’s a reminder that we are all part of an enormous system of cycles and rhythms that make up the universe, determine the seasons and affect the whole of the natural world.
It’s a moment to take time to appreciate our place in the universe and keep a perspective on what is important and meaningful in our lives.
The world keeps turning…

8 Likes

Pity it’s pissing it down today so we won’t be able to enjoy the longest evening of the year. :rage:

I totally agree with your point, though: people should consider how utterly irrelevant we all are in the great scheme of things. If only more people realised that.

4 Likes

For the Celts all over Europe, this was one of the major moments in the year. Big festivals were being held on that occasion. Happy Summer Solstice everyone!

https://etc.worldhistory.org/education/summer-solstice-celtic-traditions/

3 Likes

Today is the anniversary of meeting the girl who would become by wife. So I like to choose to believe that the solstice is entirely about me. :wink:

4 Likes

And her, presumably :wink:

3 Likes

Oh…yes…of course!

1 Like

Only 187 days to Christmas … :sunglasses:

There’s another Solstice before that. :champagne:

2 Likes