Harvey ELLIOTT: 2021/22

That’s more my style of bag - no poncy brown leather ‘man bag’ here!

3 Likes

Try Next…

Putting a large smartphone in any pant pocket is just uncomfortable, and I thought it was only teenage girls who put them in their back pockets.

Bags are practical. I wear a jacket with pockets instead, but embrace the man bag if that’s your thing. Much better than walking round with a massive pseudo bulge in your pants.

2 Likes

When temperatures go above 25° a jacket is no longer an option unless you just carry it around, but that doesn’t make much sense.

I expected mention of bulging trousers at some point.

Without a jacket I can fit keys wallet and phone in my pants pockets quite easily and comfortably. So no need for a bag. I have a messenger bag for work as I can fit my Surface and lunch in there, but outside of work never need more than keys, wallet and phone. Even back when I used to smoke a lighter and 10 pack could be accomodated. I admit if I bought a 20 pack and didn’t have a jacket, they usually ended up squished by the end of the night.

I don’t wear skintight jeans or chinos though, so that may make a big difference.

1 Like

I’m pretty minimalistic, don’t carry a lot of stuff with me. Only what I really need. Phone, small wallet/etui, keys, chewing gums not always but often. All fits into my pant pockets (normal slim pants, not superslim), everything always in the same place. Separate phone from keys to prevent potential damage and that’s it. Since I take out my phone most often, I pair it with chewing gums and leave the left pocket for the other two. Jacket season or not, it’s the same for me. When it’s summer and I’m off to the beach, I just take a little backpack.

In an attempt trying to move this train back on track…
train quote GIF

4 Likes

Jesus Christ I saw 53 new comments since I last saw the first man-bag related comment and thought “wonder what tactical midfield setup with Elliott the lads are discussing”

:man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Strange that the Celtics didn’t mention his bag in the announcement.

3 Likes

It’s okay, this thread took care of that

It did go off on a tangent…but we had some intriguing comments.

My bags gender neutral. That must be fine right

1 Like

My mum, in her infinite wisdom, thought it would be “cool” of 9-year-old me to wear what yanks call a Fanny pack (a Mickey Mouse one) to a birthday party despite my protests. I still hear jibes about it on the occasion

But why? What is so bad about carrying a bag? Isn’t it better than walking around with a broken phone in your back pocket after you sat on it?

It’s a well-known fact that men in hunter-gatherer societies brought back only what they could fit in their pockets. This represents the fundamental condition of males of the species, and any attempts to suggest otherwise are a Marxist psyop meant to undermine society as we know it.

3 Likes

I’m not sitting on it I’ll take it out before I’ll sit down

At last, a sensible science based answer.

5 Likes

Ah, ‘etui’ the old crossword favourite. Are you fond of a bit of impromptu sewing?

1. a small ornamental case for holding needles, cosmetics, and other articles.

“exquisite etui cases fitted with scissors, bodkin, and thimble”

1 Like

Errm…

Ok, let’s draw a veil over the bag comments now, I think people have had their fun with it…