How to Ignore Posters

bruce willis i see dead people GIF

In our part of the world…its the start of the Hungry Ghost Month where spirits are released from Hell for a month…maybe…thats why…

1 Like

Is it just me or does this feature not work as intended? Sometimes I’ll see the “view hidden replies” option, and then barely a scroll down in the same thread the same users posts will be visible (seems more likely to happen when they quote a post from somebody else).

It’s a wonderful feature which has brought great serenity to my life. It mostly works, but there are occasional glitches.

1 Like

There is one particular poster who spams every thread…but not any longer…:wink:

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too, can’t quite figure out why it happens, but I can live with it seeing as I only ignore one poster.

I’ve often wondered if the ignored user can see who ignores them… or if the Mods/Admin can.

I think its funny how people who allegedly have you on ignore always know what you are saying…

Not all in 1 go they won’t, but ignoring people will block messages to that user so it’ll show up with an error message if you try sending a chat to them.

We can go in the back end and figure out who is ignoring who. But it’s a bit tedious.

I don’t use the ignore function, am I correct in thinking that generally it works, but it does not if the post is quoted ?

Is it the original post you can see or just the quoted one ?

Or is it randomly just the odd post ?

Can’t speak for everyone else, but in my experience quoted posts appear without the ignored person’s comment.
It generally works very well except in random cases the ignored person’s post will suddenly appear. It’s very rare.
Obviously ignoring should remain anonymous.

3 Likes

This.

Think I’ve figured it out @ISMF1.

If an ignored user posts in a thread while you are reading that thread then their post will appear, but any posts they made prior to you opening the thread will be hidden.

is it possible to block a forum member on a single thread?

Probably best just not to read the in game thread when we’re playing :wink:

1 Like

I think this is correct. I’ve noticed a few slip through the net today.

was thinking the same,

but i enjoy popping in and reading other people opinions of how the game is going,

Does anyone know how I can put an entire football team on ‘ignore’?

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

More to the point how many moaning whinging bastards can a member put on ignore or is there no upper limit?

2 Likes

The only problem I face with this is the OCD to click on ‘view hidden reply’, especially if there’s another reply to it. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Easy to follow tutorial, put to good use