Manchester City* - cheating cunts

How often do you see these stories in the mainstream media? How often or how vigorously do the media investigate these issues? I have said before and I will say it again, it’s not the Sheikhs (or the Oligarchs) but it’s their overseas sponsors how are sustaining these elements.

2 Likes

People like David Conn will occasionally mention it but then it will disappear.

It’s an absolute joke.

1 Like

Yeah David Conn is excellent but he does long term investigations so may only release one article a month. Most newspapers are more interested in inventing some transfer rumours for easy sell.

5 Likes

I think most media don’t want to annoy these people and miss out on their share of the pie.

I wonder how long will it take to brand him (and other like him) as racists.

3 Likes

there becoming more and more brazen with their cheating,

it will be their downfall

If I heard it correctly from Carra in the studio, the last 5 times they were 2 goals down in the PL, they won 3 times and drew 2 times.

The very definition of rent free.

Always remember pep,Klopp won everything despite being up against your financial dopers.

1 Like

Nah Pep the substance isn’t as good as it once was.

1 Like

Panic starting to set in, methinks. A “happy flowers team”!. Brilliant Pep. Thanks for that!

Guardiola wants more than the natural gifts of his players, particularly as they try to overcome the hunger of a new challenger in the shape of Arsenal.

“Guts, passion, fire to win from minute one,” said Guardiola. "The same with the fans. They are silent for 45 minutes. I want my fans back.

“I want a reaction from the whole organisation. Not just the players.”

He added: “I want our fans to push us. Demand more. Say ‘come on guys’. Show us more. We are a happy flowers team, all nice and good. I don’t want to be a happy flower. I want to beat Arsenal. If we play that way Arsenal will destroy us.”

He heard something for the last 45? The effect is slow in whatever he has switched to :joy:

He forgot to mention that he also wants his paymasters to ensure that his team get every decision in their favour and that Arsenal get nothing for the rest of the season.

1 Like

Code for "spend another 250 million this summer window and increase the contents of the fucking envelopes, you fucking Muppets.’

1 Like

Still selling their league tickets via the two Universities because they can’t sell them out will get you crowds like that especially on a freezing Thursday evening.

1 Like

I can’t recall whether I mentioned it at the time but I was outside the Emptihad the last time these two played. I’d got out of the car to go and meet Mrs C and there was a massive roar. My heart sank. Time added on, 2-2, it could only mean one thing a Citeh winner. Imagine my delight to find out it was a winner for Spurs?
Fast forward to last night. Sat in virtually the same parking spot and got out of the car to get a Mars bar out of the boot. I knew it was 2-2 and heard a roar go up. From the tone I wondered whether one or other of the teams had won a corner or a particularly robust chalk had taken place? But the noise went on for a bit longer than if either of them had occurred. Then the stadium announcer reported the scorer’s name.
I was surprised. It sounded nothing like a 3rd goal to come back from 2-0 down? Well, not from what I was hearing from the crowd.
:nerd_face:

6 Likes

My thoughts on City are:

• I don’t really have a problem them spending beyond their means per se. By that I mean they are being propped up by their owner clearly, but I don’t have a problem with that in the sense that whether the money is coming from an owner or coming from a tyre sponsor, doughnut sponsor, betting sponsor like we and United do - all that money is tainted in my eyes.
    The problem is that them without limits is destroying football and opening a gap between them and us, and with us then needing to try to compete financially, we are opening up a gap with clubs below us. Its messy and they are a huge part of the financial imbalance in football. In a way, we can say that City have been restrained in their spending. That might seem an unusual comment but the fact that they have been outspent by United shows that they haven’t really opened up the cheque book. Is that a response to keeping a low profile or to be within the bounds of FFP? We all see FFP as a joke but it took a bunch of lawyers in combination with City’s evasive tactics, and a headcase CAS panel for City to avoid a 2 year punishment by UEFA.
    FFP really is the bridle holding back City from obliterating football with spending IMO. Like everything in life, conducting in dodgy business often comes down to risk vs reward. (Rob a bank? Go to prison. Hit a cage fighter in the street? End up in a coffin) For City there is a risk that action will be taken against them. The reward for spending another £1b on top of their existing billions isn’t going to help their squad immensely. But remove the risk (FFP) entirely and any sort of reward ( spend 2b to add a 5% squad improvement for example) will be worth it. Its not the damage the likes of City and Newcastle are doing now that scares me but what can be done if the shackles are taken off in any way.

• As a fan, my anger with City more comes about because they have been stopping us from experiencing a true Liverpool golden age. They’ve been the spike strip that have taken us out on multiple occasions. We always talk about how we have missed out of multiple leagues the last few years simply because of their spending. Had it been United instead of City, would we have had the same complaints given they have spent as much/more than City? Probably. Even though we all think United ‘spend in the right way’.
    Its not really the club. Its that there is someone else in our way when we have had an amazing squad. United could easily have been our City here (even even both at the same time!) if they hadn’t been so poorly run at the same time we were on the rise.

• City are absolutely full of cunts. From top to bottom. In terms of personality, its like they really go out of their way to build a squad of seriously dodgy fuckers. Whether that shows itself through inappropriate parties and other dodgy off-field activities or through (alleged) rape, they really are all scum. That carries itself up through the administration. You can see that through the leaked emails. I really would hate to work for them

• I also really hate all the dishonesty. ‘Selling out’ stadiums when its clear it’s half full and filled with people with free tickets for any game that isn’t against the top six, all the fake sponsorship deals, and with all the above dodgy finances supposedly the richest club in the world? If a club’s wealth is based on fake financial deals, let’s just cut to the chase and say that City’s value is whatever Sheikh Mansour’s net worth is? City: a $US 30b club.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find he misspelled bought

So that means he expects another 500 millions from the owners for next summer?

Or maybe it does mean that he expects the PL and the refs to start favouring them at every opportunity while unfairly targeting Arsenal? Or he asks more from the media whores in terms of putting Arsenal under pressure?

Everything is possible.

1 Like

Worth noting that I don’t for one minute believe that the owners of Man City are in because they are footy fans. They aren’t in it as an investment either.