I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

These cunts are relentless, I’ll give them that. You’d think after finishing 10th and seeing us finish 3rd they’d shut their fucking stupid mouths for a couple of months and go and find something useful to do, but no, they’re trotting out all the usual bile, lies and deluded shite as much as ever.
On WSAG the ‘England at the Euro’s’ thread didn’t reach 5 replies before it became all about Henderson and what a fucking crab he is. Then Trent gets the same.
I saw on another site some dickhead claiming they didn’t push on from being top after 4 games because they have a plan in place and didn’t want to deviate from it, so rather than go all out and try and actually achieve something they were happy to finish 10th because it’s all part of the grand scheme. And they actually believe all this drivel, that’s the insane thing.
You can guarantee our top 3 finish will be down to VAR and referees being under instruction to make sure we get CL football and no amount of evidence to the contrary will convince these idiots otherwise.
The mental gymnastics and re-writing of history is well and truly underway. I’d pity them if I didn’t fucking despise them so much.

9 Likes

What’s the great plan?

They’ve spent all that money and not improved ignore the anomaly of the season before they are effectively 5 points better off from where they were 2 seasons ago.

7 Likes

Long may it continue.

I fear the day that Everton fans collectively realise they are part of the problem with that club.

Their big chance was to crack top four with fans out of the stadium and the players able to play free from abuse. Which they blew, obviously.

I look forward to them winning the summer transfer window again.

14 Likes

I have a feeling that Richarlison will be off soon.:nerd_face:

3 Likes

Who will be interested? Kane replacement? :joy:

Think he will stay there because nobody will be ready to spend money on him.

Similar to Zaha but at least Zaha is not one of the least likeable players in the league.

5 Likes

I guess you still remember that night vividly, right :heart_eyes:

Do you remember Everton finished FOURTH that season? :flushed:

But they had to play in the play-offs because we took that automatic spot as CHAMPIONS. :innocent:

And they got kicked-out… :rofl:

Beautiful, right :star_struck:

9 Likes

Well, I would think any Red over 25 would remember it pretty vividly.

As for Everton, I don’t think they were known as the Bitters before that season! Losing out on playing in the CL with their Cup Winner’s Cup winning team has had a long and traumatic effect on them.

3 Likes

That isn’t what happened.

Everton got in as fourth placed team, which at the time had to go through qualifiers. Which they of course ballsed up.

Our entry into the tournament started earlier. There was some talk of Liverpool taking Everton’s place, but in the end UEFA relented and allowed us entry, albeit starting in the first round of qualifying in July.

7 Likes

You are right. At least about our part, don’t remember about the Bitters. Yes, we had to play at the beginner’s level qualification.

Yes and don’t they just love whinging about that? Because, according to them, they would’ve won the European Cup that year as they were easily the best team in Europe. So funny :joy:

2 Likes

Not forgetting they brought out a dvd :dvd: called Rafa beneath us. The silly cunts.

8 Likes

Yep, July 13th. My wedding anniversary. I was sat having a romantic meal when we beat TNS 5-0. I’d wanted to go to the game as some of the TNS side were lads who my Son had been team-mates with in his schoolboy footy days.
But yanno, an anniversary must come first. :wedding: :bride_with_veil: :champagne::nerd_face:

9 Likes

Reminds me of my favourite Carragher quote:

6 Likes

Sure Everton got knocked out by Villarreal.

Seem to also remember a certain Pierluigi Collins refereeing them and making a balls up which helped towards their exit

4 Likes

The famous half-Italian, half-Irish ref? :thinking:

13 Likes

The FA/Premier League a bit of a blinder there. They dug their heels in and said that the teams who finished in the top four would be their representatives in the tournament. If UEFA wanted their champions to defend the trophy it was their problem to deal with. Of course they had to relent, and England ended up with five teams in.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m sure it was Villarreal, funny as fuck after all the bleating they still couldn’t make it 5 teams

4 Likes

Leccy Legs a big Blueshite fan…
Any visitors to Liverpool (and youtube), may have seen this guy shake his moves in the pubs and clubs… I suppose finishing tenth does have some merit eh :0)

3 Likes

That is wrong.

We had the Welsh champions offer up their spot to us, so we had to enter at the 1st Qualifying round

1 Like

Hmm, I have corrected that few posts earlier.