Involvement in local grass roots club

I’m sure they’d appreciate the support from
Other parts of the UK or the world if anybody is looking for a Welsh non league club to follow :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I thought about that and I might get back to coaching other kids even without the family connection, and the league knows me and so on. I am anticipating a break from coaching in order to go to my lad’s games. Still, I don’t want to get ahead of myself, as the high school is very competitive and he might not get on the team.

1 Like

Have done the playmakers? I’ve just done that, and going to do level one soon.

Edit: Forgot you aren’t UK based…

1 Like

I play for and ‘manage’ the Tranmere Rovers Walking FC. I’m only the manager because nobody else wants to do it. We play virtually every week against Vauxhall Motors Walking Fc at gheir place The Rivacre Stadium. We enter the National Cup each year. Last year was our most successful reaching the 3rd round.
Other teams we face are a lot better organised than we are. Trying to get our lads to commit to times and dates is a nightmare. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Ah the grass roots amateur football eh… Brilliant couldn’t get enough of it
Back in the day in a Sunday league we had an old guy that drank in the pub with some of the team… His job every week was to walk around the pitch an hour before kick-off and pick up all the dog shit that had been deposited since the previous game… During the game he had to wear some waders because if anyone hoofed the ball out too far in a certain direction it would end up in the River Alt and it was his job to get in and get it back… Yeah that’s what ya put up with in those days… Looking back now, wouldn’t have changed them for the world :0)

2 Likes

“Real Football"

None of this 300k a week bollocks

1 Like

Hightown? :nerd_face:

Moss Lane, Kirkby were fields we played on a lot… Not far from the AXA centre now
Think there might be houses of warehouses been built on some of the land… but there is still a wide stream flowing though it… I remember when a referee had a bad game they never bothered getting changed out of their kit at the end, but dived in their car and zoomed off without getting the hassle that was bound to come their way :0)

1 Like

Refs at grass roots level don’t get enough plaudits IMO. It can be a thankless task and they do get a lot of hassle. :nerd_face: