James MILNER: 2021/22

He’s not the popular pick, probably never was, but we’ve seen it quite a few times when we have some doubts over a few players in his position, that Klopp feels he’s our safest bet. Next summer we’ll have to get a new dynamic CM.

We could’ve had a player closer to the edge of our box, maybe we were all too deep. Realistically you can’t blame much or anyone really for Kova’s goal, but maybe Hendo could’ve been closer to then attack/defend the shooter better.

1 Like

No chance he is 36 tomorrow.

The guy’s been playing top flight football for 40 years :rofl:

FIFY :rofl: :partying_face:

Happy 36th birthday James.

1 Like

Would be huge if true.

Yes, I feel Milner isn’t ready to stop playing yet. Maybe he sees Lallana and thinks he can still get considerable minutes at a lesser club. He is way more fitter than Lallana too.

I think if Milner continues to play and not retire , he willl probably want to finish his career at Leeds.

All depends on which club he feels the most affinity for.

Gives a stare to Jordan when coming on last night - I can put the armband on me self :rofl:

1 Like

“If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.”

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I remember he mentioned on multi-languages at home in his autobiography “Ask a Footballer”. The same type of mentality on him being able to be prolific in using his left and right legs/feet to play and control the ball.

1 Like
2 Likes

Surprsied he’ll be carrying on in a playing role, but csnt complain: hes a great presence around the club. Will be good to keep him about for the dressing room and the youngsters.

1 Like

He has all the attributes to be a great coach

Would have no issues him sticking around if Klopp thinks he’s still valuable to the group. Would hope his salary would reflect a reduced role and have some kind of coaching aspect.

I would be concerned if that meant not adding another option in the summer that is first team ready but that could now mean Ox or Keita moving on to facilitate that happening.

1 Like

Have a feeling he’ll be offered more elsewhere

From the way it sounded, I don’t think it necessarily means it’s a playing contract or that they’re even close to an agreement. Perhaps there are just regular talks or maybe talks what does he do when he eventually stops playing elsewhere. Possibly to return here as a coach, as he’s doing his badges. Maybe he’s being offered something, but maybe he wants to wait and see if there’s a better offer (money, game time, etc.) elsewhere. Fow now, I still think he’s closer to leaving.

Don’t think it’s about the money for him now.

Just want to play and share his experience. Could do wonders for Leeds.

Yeah, I didn’t only mean more financially, I meant in terms of playing time or other aspects too.

2 Likes