Ex-player: James MILNER

Not sure when poorer has become a defense of being pretty gash yourself. It’s all a bit of a knock on effect. When we actually had mobile midfielders with quick feet on yesterday we didn’t look nearly as suspect.

300 games
18,075 mins

:muscle: :clap:

1 Like

Not bad going for someone who turns 86 next year.

1 Like

Totally forgot how much he played in those early years.

1 Like

mr bean GIF

Told y’all

3 Likes

Made a lot of us look very silly today. Great performance.

3 Likes

Not me :relaxed:

2 Likes

This old hag covered 12 KM tonight. Makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

2 Likes

Legend! The performances hasn’t been there this season but that can be said of the whole team. Not a foot wrong tonight. Against a side that is deadly down the left wing.

3 Likes

Fucking legend.

3 Likes

Who’d a thunk it. Seemed very comfortable at right back, but then he always played that position better than midfield IMO. Solid match.

1 Like

The most Milner moment of the game was about 60 minutes in he came out of a challenge limping quite badly, unable to put any weight on one of his ankles. Fuck…it looks like he cannot continue and we’re going to have to rush trent back into action earlier than we wanted…crash! Milner goes flying into his next challenge and just plays on.

4 Likes

maybe he will never be the game changer we need, maybe he will never be the one who can turn a game on its head but this guy will always be 10/10 when it come to attitude and passion. He will be a legend for us when he retires not because he is a world class player but he epitomizes everything this club would stand for, never give up, and coming back stronger, better and greater.

1 Like

21st August, Year 2042.

James Milner and young Michael Clark(Lee Clark’s grandson and Bobby Clark’s son) came on as substitute on 76th minute as Liverpool defeated Newcastle.

1 Like

Got caught once but Gomez dealt with it.

I really didn’t expect it and I still think he would struggle with pure pace but the set up benefits several players much more than 4-3-3 sorry for those who want to go back to it.

Credit to him if it’s his only superb game this season he chose well.

Not the first time he had a job to do at RB against dangerous opponent(s) and did pretty well. Think of the Palace game as well not long ago. But of course, it always has to be a collective task, which it was again.

Notable how good a game Gomez had. It’s reasonable to wonder whether the organizational skills of Milner to his right helped with that.

2 Likes

What a massive challenge from behind in those dying moments, fantastic.

Very good when he came on, unlike Fabinho.

3 Likes