Joël MATIP: 2021/22

Wow that’s unreal!

I do think I underrate Matip, but only because I am a big fan of a Gomez/VVD partnership. I certainly have no complaints about Matip when he plays, he’s just more of a ‘Volvo’ than a ‘Rolls Royce’

1 Like

is that shit or pus from broken hemorrhoids?

blood from a burst vein?

Also probably a good reason why he got a new contract.

Imagine his situation if he was still playing international football…

2 Likes

Amazing today. If he can stay fit, he wouldn’t be this underrated. Hoping things have changed and he remains relatively injury free this season.

2 Likes

2nd best defender in the league.

2 Likes

After Wan-Bissaka, obviously.

1 Like

Naturally. And he’s second best in the league after Maguire. And the second best after Varane. And after all that he’s the second best in the league after Dias.

This all depends on which shit for brains pundit is speaking at the time, of course.

1 Like

Rightly people say we missed Van Dijk and his ball playing ability from center back, but I’d add Matip into that mix… his ability to step forward with the ball and then cut through the midfield really does offer something we lacked. Really hope he stays fit, rolls Royce of a player.

8 Likes

Don’t forget Phil Jones, the modern Stanley Matthews.

1 Like

I would happily take Joel for a dinner/date :heart_eyes:

Sport Eyes GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes

if he wasn’t such a good footballer, i’d think he is a real life parody

I bet that get up cost him 400 quid though.

After a really good first season, there was a period during his second year where he was really off the boil. Im still convinced that he was playing through injury during that period and just physically not up to it, because we were seeing things in that period - easily shrugged off the ball, weak in the air - that just are not Matip. Thankfully we’re over that now and hes every bit the CB partner a player like Van Dijk deserves

4 Likes
5 Likes

1 Like

Is it your hand in the first pic? :thinking:

2 Likes