Jürgen Klopp: currently still the Boss

If true he’ll be able to prove it by winning the champions league with one of Europe’s top clubs.

Until that time…

2 Likes

17 years of Klopp putting up with a big moaning tart,impressive.

4 Likes

I think we are being unfair to Buvac. He was with Klopp for a very long time and most importantly during his formative years. So obviously the partnership was highly effective and that can’t happen unless Buvac has had some generous contributions.

Buvac simply didn’t evolve like Klopp. While Klopp recognized that he will have to work with a bigger team and will have to maintain greater team dynamics, Buvac was still wanting the old days of him and Klopp doing the stuffs.

While Buvac’s bitterness is unwarranted, so is our unfair criticism of Buvac. You have to wonder, if there would have been a Klopp without a Buvac.

Buvac comes across really poorly. Doesn’t want to be a manager as he doesn’t like the spotlight even though he claims he was effectively doing all the coaching - except if Barca ask? Fuck off.
I can see enough from this interview as to why the players and club preferred Pep and decided to part ways. The manner in which he left abruptly just before a huge CL game and the refusal of the club to speak negatively about it indicates that he could have stayed on at least until that seasons end and by instead spiting the dummy he is a bit of a tool.

5 Likes

No one’s criticising him for anything other than his bitterness. Everyone recognised his importance to JK but describing himself as the ‘manager’ for 17 years is a joke and hugely disrespectful. It’s a simple fact that once Buvac left we got better and started to win things.

JK always gave Buvac due credit, even referring to him as ‘The Brain’. I don’t know of any other manager who gives his coaching staff more credit, even dedicating any personal awards he gets to them. He’s not said a word since Buvac left. A class act, as ever.

17 Likes

So he did all the coaching. That left us with three lost finals.
Then Klopp without Buvac did win us Chapionsleague, Worldcup and finally PL
Need I to say more?

2 Likes

Yeah, noone is denying Buvac’s contribution, I’d bet if Klopp is asked today, he will give him credit as well. But to try and take all the credit for yourself while claiming that Klopp is not much more than a mouthpiece is disappointing from the man really.

4 Likes

Yeah, I actually intended to make that point in my post but forgot… but one of JK’s defining characteristics is to give those around him credit, even the lion’s share of such. To claim that he takes all the credit comes across not only as extremely bitter but factually and provably incorrect.

8 Likes

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JURGEN!

5 Years since he joined and turned doubters into believers. What a journey and what an absolutely fantastic human being. We couldn’t hope to have a better person managing Liverpool football club.

Cheers.

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1314092624194797572

6 Likes

5 years…

Thank you Jurgen…

You let me enjoy football once more…

5 Likes

Just a magnificent manager, person and an inspiration to all.

A big thank you for taking myself and all fans on this incredible journey

8 Likes

Love.

Thank you

4 Likes

3 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

From Bayern snatching his best players, ones he developed into world class players to getting their best player for the English, European and World champions. What a journey!

Failures, ones which will throw the best of people off, consistently just missing out to finally winning things a stature of his manager and the kind of human he is deserves. Thank you Jurgen! The best thing that happened to us in recent times.

3 Likes

Having a shocking week at work, this thread has cheered me up no end.

We really have been blessed.

6 Likes

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes