Jürgen Klopp: currently still the Boss

He is good, but not that good. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

NEW: Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has announced he is going to become a grandfather. #lfc [mail] Congrats, Boss!

Klopp revealed the news during an interview on Polish television with his former Borussia Dortmund player Lukasz Piszczek.

‘I’m going to be a grandpa,’ Klopp told Piszczek on Viaplay Sport Polska during the interview at Liverpool’s training centre.

Klopp and his wife Ulla Sandrock have no children together, but both have sons from their respective first marriages.

Jurgen became Dennis’ stepfather, while Ulla is stepmother to Jurgen’s son from a previous marriage, Marc.

4 Likes

Maybe it will calm him down a bit :joy:

1 Like

Jürgen will be the coolest grandad.
Imagine him and Ulla babysitting the little one in the middle of watching a match:grin:

1 Like

You mean like this: Klopp: Play fucking football?

1 Like

“We will spend in the summer”. Obviously.

“I am positive”. “But it’s talks not decisions. We are busy.”

1 Like

Puzzled about the way Jurgen thinks about how to approach games that we take the lead in…
In his worst season we go 2 up against the European champions and continue to be open, attacking and anything but conservative. Same yesterday, against the criminal regime.

You don’t have the needed defensive midfield and you have a right back who’s a 4/10 in his defensive duties and you don’t change your approach to hold on to something?

We haven’t been able play to just keep a lead consistently since the title winning season. Even last season we could only do it in fits and starts.

Maybe Jürgen doesn’t have confidence in the current squad to adopt that approach, and judging by how easily their heads drop, who could blame him!

So we can’t teach our CL and PL winners how to be compact and close down, just like we did against shitty earlier this season.

2 Likes

There are tactical issues but they pale in comparison with the collective number of fuckups that occur almost every game. When the players can’t be trusted to do correctly even the most basic defending, there is little that Klopp or anyone else can do.

1 Like

He can do something about Trent’s and others’ positioning. Can he do something about how compact they are and how many advance forward concurrently?

I think I’m arguing that our principle-based leader will not consider such options as they go against the grain, against his principles of proper footie. That’s what, I think, has led many “experts” to say that we shouldn’t play to that principle if the right personnel are not available,

Look I don’t know what’s happening. But I am thinking about this a lot and the answers are not there.

We didn’t go gung-ho yesterday, we were deeper than usual and a lot more conservative. It still didn’t prevent 4 goals that make you want to pull your hair out. Van Dijk stood and watched as Mahrez passed by him for the equalizer. For the third goal, it wasn’t one but 5 defenders who converged on Mahrez and yet not one of them actually made a challenge.

Is Klopp supposed to instruct them not to let opposition players pass by without as much as a challenge? He must feel bewildered with what he’s seeing on the pitch, if not outright disgusted.

Never actually seen a photo of his son til now.

2 Likes

Probably not how he envisaged this remarkable milestone going…make me sad to read this in all honesty but he will know he has the full backing of every Liverpool fan, lets hope that backing is reciprocated up in the boardroom.

1 Like

He was something silly like 21st longest serving boss in the football league at the end of the season half bit summer.

In football league history you mean?

Looks like he’s currently the 3rd longest serving manager across the 4 football leagues in the country behind Accrington & Harrogate.

Longest serving ever? 3rd you say? Then, it’ll be EPL history wouldn’t it?

Fuck’s sake Talksport brings on Hamann to talk about Jürgen

It’s what they do.

Next thing will be Simon Jordan talking about life on Mars.

To his credit, for a change he didn’t slag off the gaffer. Spoke about how it’s hard to get confidence back once it’s lost