Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

There will be a loss of comfort added with all thats been written above, simply in the move from Melwood to Kirkby, which should produce a transient loss of grounding.

2 Likes

Question on The Athletic:

How realistic is it that Klopp could be managing Germany in Euro 2024 on home soil? His Liverpool contract runs out that same year.

Honigstein’s answer:

It is true that the Klopp family have a house in Mainz, which is only about 45 minutes by car to Frankfurt, the German FA base. Friends of his expect him to move back there once his time at Liverpool comes to an end but there are no indications that will happen anytime before 2024, when his current contract at Anfield expires.

Sources close to him deny the German media speculations about an earlier exit and Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool’s owners, are working under the assumption that Klopp will not depart before his contract is up. On top of that, Klopp has privately indicated his desire to take a year off after his work in Liverpool is done. It’ll therefore be a good few years before he’ll become a real contender to take over the Germany team.

4 Likes

I was thinking more A massive cock eating a cock :rofl:

2 Likes

The Boss is donating the Liverpool cap he was wearing when we became English Champions in 2019/2020, as well as the glasses he wore at the first LFC press conference.

From the Echo: “Jurgen Klopp is one of the famous names to lend their support to a charity raffle aiming to help European refugees
Alongside actor Daniel Craig and Bayern Munich star David Alaba, Liverpool boss Klopp will donate special memorabilia to raise funds to support the ‘Win for Lesvos’ campaign in Germany.
Back in September, a reported 13,000 asylum seekers were made homeless after a series of fires devastated the Moria Reception and Identification Centre on the Greek island of Lesbos.
Reds boss Klopp is one of the several high-profile figures putting forth items to a raffle that is raising funds in time for Christmas.

https://losfuerlesbos.com/en/auction/juergen-klopp/

7 Likes

He won’t stop, no matter what.

5 Likes

https://losfuerlesbos.com/en/auction/juergen-klopp/

4 Likes

Liverpool are one of 10 Premier League clubs permitted to allow 2,000 fans to watch matches under the Government’s new coronavirus restrictions.

However, the fact half the top-flight will still be playing home games behind closed doors has prompted unease among some managers, with Sheffield United boss Wilder - already at odds with Klopp over calls for the reintroduction of the rule allowing five substitutions - last week describing the Reds boss as a “world-class politician” when he praised “little steps in the right direction” over the return of fans.

Klopp, though, has again dismissed suggestions the Reds will benefit unfairly.

“Is having fans back important (for results)? I don’t know,” he said.

"If I say having fans back helps, then Chris Wilder will say that it’s not okay that Liverpool has supporters and Sheffield United does not. He has said it already.

5 Likes

From The Athletic’s article on that new film coming up:

“Klopp has ruled out ever sanctioning a proper fly-on-the-wall look at his Liverpool reign as he regards the dressing room as sacrosanct.”

Yes! :heart_eyes: :sunglasses:

18 Likes

Just popped in here to throw something out. I haven’t read any of the previous posts, mainly because i take Klopp for granted and only tend to mention him rarely when I think his character and/or temperment has caused him to make a rare error (he is human after all).
I have been really impressed with how our lads communicate this season. I put this down to Klopp I feel it’s an important part of his philosophy. To back this up I remember that Gini said the boss is encouraging him to be more vocal and take that step in responsibility.
This season I have noticed, when he plays, that Matip is also a lot more vocal and expressive. Klopp and other squad members (probably Millie) are known to have helped Hendo with this.
My point being that this surely helps players like Thiago, Jota and even Tsimikas to integrate the squad and perform as we have seen. Ok Minamino hasn’t followed suit, yet, however he’s from a different culture and perhaps is struggling more to adapt and understand the communication in place.
This brings me to the feeling i have, last season we were the mentality monsters this season we look more unified, than ever, the unity monsters, community monsters … ?

Btw it’s clear Klopp has been helped Millie, VVD, Hendo … however he really is the big driving force behind this belief both personal and collective.

10 Likes

Every time I have some of my “green herbal remedy,” I think about how great a human being Klopp is. Just a genuinely good person. He’s not perfect, he himself would say, but he’s pretty darn close. Just watch this interview with him — it really feels like he is one of us. Either him or Dr. Fauci for 2020 Person of the Year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v57AjokYEQs

2 Likes

I was watching the JK presser for the Fulham match and right at the end of the presser the press guy said the next question is under embargo, what will the delayed news be? :grinning:

1 Like
7 Likes

There’s an Embargo session at every press conference.

Stuff that can’t be published by those involved until a certain time. If the “news” is leaked early, they likely get barred from those sessions.

3 Likes
11 Likes

I wonder how often Mourinho watches those games and whispers to himself, you did good Mou, you did good.

8 Likes
5 Likes

One of those 0-0s must have come after the Palace defeat I guess. He missed an opportunity then to prevent his undefeated home record at Chelsea being broken, he missed last night’s opportunity too. He only has one more. That’s what’s on his mind. He would hate it to be any other manager to topple us at home.
(19 more Anfield games needed to break Mou’s 86. At exactly this stage of next season we shall have it if things go well)

2 Likes

It’s not his, it’s Chelsea’s. He was fired 66(?) games in and his replacement carried them to the rest.

5 Likes

Facts don’t matter to Jose…until they matter to him.

Remember this…

5 Likes

He whispers you did badly, Bergwijn, you did badly.

2 Likes