Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Fans appreciate what he has done here, I honestly thought I would not ever see us win the premier league in my lifetime. 30 years after we won our last title he brought the PL title here also the Champions league trophy and numerous others. Also if we were not competing against states Klopp would have 3 pl titles and our fans appreciate this.
Personally I am a bit scared about life after Jurgen Klopp.

3 Likes

There is a big difference in still backing him but questioning his role in the debacle of this season.

Eight. For those who find counting beyond seven difficult.

3 Likes

Agree Maria…even if the D of F is still in post, surely names have been thrown into the post, and the backroom staff must know something or have an inkling, because it’s like rats jumping from a sinking ship…doctors, physios, …

Doctor ? We have just appointed one.

Don’t be so fucking stupid.

alot of those league games were ‘just like a cup final’ though.

1 Like

The players are listless. Even with the injuries, the standard is well below what you should expect from how talented those playing have proven to be. It’s apparent to me that they lack self belief right now, and a new approach could change it.

But you cannot sack Klopp. He’s the best thing to happen to this club in a generation, and there isn’t anyone available that I’d rather have managing this club.

I think he needs to try something radically different to change up the dynamic on the pitch. Maybe a new formation, or a wholesale change in tactics.

Maybe some changes need to be made to the backroom as well.

And how long did that take…

Klopp isn’t going to get sacked. He is near untouchable. He could decide he hasn’t got the answers and walk, but he doesn’t seem at that point. Dortmund have in hindsight acknowledged they made a mistake in letting him leave, and they should have allowed him to rebuild the entire team. He should be allowed that here. Sell the entire fucking squad if necessary.

4 Likes

I am not saying Klopp is above criticism, but FSG are not exactly helping him with their tight purse strings.
I just don’t think what is happening right now is all his fault. He has so many injured players. How can a team go from nearly winning 4 trophies, winning 2 and then suddenly play rubbish in the new season?

Does it matter your point was rats sinking ship you mentioned the Doctor as one.

Tight purse strings last 3 incomings have cost 160m.

They need to buy good players in midfield. Compared to other clubs like Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City, we just cannot compete.

Add in Newcastle Arsenal West Ham Villa and to a lesser extent Spurs.

1 Like

We could have spent that money on midfielders the club chose not too.

Newcastle worries me, they are going to spend alot in the next few years and will probably get a top class manager at some point.

We have more or less operated on a sell to buy and added about 30 million each season. Fsg just want as much money as possible, more interested in buying into other projects that keeping us challenging, no clue about us fans or football in general just greed.

1 Like

Yeah because all those bar City are regularly finishing in front of us.

I’m all aboard the Klopp train!

Top man. Top manager. Top character. A real human being, who gets us. I hope he is here for a long time to come.

There are lots of things coming together to make this season what it has been. Klopp has made some mistakes too.

But he deserves to see this through. The second great team is partially rebuilt. Let him finish the job.

Oh, and in the meantime, sort out the uncertainty around the owners, get him a top DOF who will actually stay (Ward, I’m unimpressed, you had a long time shadowing the job, then left after five minutes).

Arguably Klopp might need a new number two, like Ferguson used to shuffle through them, every few years.

But Klopp is the kingpin in the whole enterprise. He is part way through building his second great team. I am backing him, 100%, to lead us through this storm into another golden sky.

The doubters can do one. They know nothing.

2 Likes