Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

For clarity.

Most people will understand that using “nutter” to describe someone who is mentally ill is offensive.
Its an antiquated derogatory term that perpetuates stigma.

Its also disingenuous to attach the term to someone who murdered their neighbours, as it is suggestive of mental illness being a factor. This is the type of stigma that needs to be avoided.

Your use of hypocrites was at best baiting, at worst insulting. But a lot less annoying.

You don’t share my opinions, fine. I genuinely don’t care. I dont much care for some of your views either.

But at least understand the context of my reply, whether you expected anything different or not.

Sorry, genuine question. Has the audio/transcript been released? If so, would somebody be kind enough to share a link?

Yes I can understand your averse reaction for using the word ‘nutter’ and you read to much in to it, which doesn’t bother me because being mentally unstable isn’t a nutter to me but anyone who murders 5 neighbours is my idea of a nutter in the worst sense.

I used the description calling people hypocrites in its literal sense as you were saying you were ok with Klopps behaviour due to passion but not with Peps or Areteta’s, please tell me if I am wrong describing that as hypocritical.

BTW I don’t always disagree with all your points of view just on being hypocritical, which is something I don’t agree with.

I dont read too much into it.
Nutter is a derogatory word for people with mental health problems.
End of.

I use the term partisan.
I see hypocritical as an entirely different concept.

awesome post apart from this bit where you decide to risk your house…

Tierney could be one
Man City have already been charged, although not directly with match fixing, the result of the cheating fixes matches…
i always thought Everton Vs Man Utd back in the day had a symbiotic relationship on results and transfers…Moyes got a pretty cushy gig at the end of it too
Webb

its almost as if the games bent…

That they still bother to ask him questions like that, he is giving the same answer for the last 7 years: nothing to say … :joy:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1654464256291532803?s=20

I’m long past the stage of having any lingering suspicion against Tierney.

I’m 100% sure that he is a cheat. And I’d bet that he isn’t the only one.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1654884480249737217

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1655180689707511811

2 Likes

OMG the Eurovision Songshite brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolPhotox/status/1655508119114375176?s=20

As Smokey Robinson said ‘this man has really got a hold on us’. Eurovision has got a hold on me too :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

So Jurgen gets a bigger fine that Toney.
Talk about priorities…

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1659213019795312641?t=CUjV8PQUw2B48-pMCwsLyA&s=19

Ban starts immediately…

2 game ban but 1 suspended till the end of next season.Why?

It is a one game immediate ban, Aston Villa probably, with the other one put to one side, unless he misbehaves again before the end of next season… If he does get into trouble again, it will then get tagged onto any new charges he might face

75k is a bit disproportionate to say the least. And yet an official can get away with assaulting Robertson?

6 Likes

Here is Jurgen Klopp’s apology letter after comments regarding referee Paul Tierney :arrow_heading_down:

"I want to start this submission with the most important sentiment I must express; I am sorry.

"I am sorry for my reaction in that immediate moment when I ran towards the fourth official, Mr Brooks and I fully accepted a caution was justified.

"I accepted that then and I accept now that a yellow card was correct. Equally I am sorry for some of the tone and content of my post-match interview. Although it was not my intention I accept now it appears that I was questioning Mr Tierney’s integrity. I take ownership of this.

"On reflection, the words I used were inappropriate. Both of these incidents were driven by emotion. I was overly emotional at some of the decisions made, which then led to frustration and a feeling of unfairness. I carried that emotion into the mandated and time sensitive post-match press commitments.

"I do ask that you look at the comments I made in the following context; we are, as managers, contractually required to make ourselves available in a timely fashion. This doesn’t readily allow for a more measured approach. Also, English is not my primary language and at times what I mean to say and how I say it can conflict.
For the avoidance of doubt, I was trying to express how I felt whilst dealing with the frustration I was feeling around a number of decisions made during the game. It was about feelings and emotions.

"To be absolutely clear, I know that Mr. Tierney, along with all other officials, do their work without any pre-conceived bias or prejudice.

"Although not an excuse, I believe we have made up a high percentage of Mr Tierney’s matches this season? Something in the region of 20% of the matches he has officiated have involved my team. I do not offer this as a defence, rather it is an observation and could be a reason for both the build-up of frustration governed by an inadvertent accumulation of incidents over an extended period.

“Hopefully you saw in my very next press conference (Tuesday 2nd May, 2023) I sought to clarify and correct any wrong conclusions drawn from the words I used in the interview on Sky Sports, which took place matter minutes after a tumultuous and highly dramatic game ended.”

Guarantee he never wrote a word of that.

3 Likes

Yep; his answer would have been two words, the second of them being “off”.

4 Likes

He is also saying we have had more than our fair share of Tierney refereeing our games… If it had been a different referee, the chances are this would not have happened… So fuck him off for the whole of next season and offer us someone else

3 Likes