Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Heartbreak…

What a man, that last 30 seconds or so sums up the man. A legend…

7 Likes

Surprised that Emery isn’t on that list, relieved that Howe isn’t, and can’t believe that ETH is.

Perhaps we can have another thread for this.

4 Likes

Awful news. What will we do without him?

1 Like

What are they saying in Germany about this news?

2 Likes

Fucking devastated. Has there ever been a manager, for any club, that has so completely united a fan base?

There’s been other popular managers but usually some fans that are negative, or appreciate the past and ready for a change. This is will provoke an almost grief-like reaction for all Liverpool fans.

I’m not sure we’ll see an era like this again. Yes we could have won more without City’s sportswashing, but the exciting football and the connection between fans, team and manager could be gone after this season :cry:

14 Likes

Not if they do it right.

If it’s Alonso coming in with fresh ideas, but an already fully formed team it could work.

No other name on that list would work.

15 Likes

Absolutely gutted. I’ve only felt like this when Kenny left and to a lesser extent when God was sold.

I hope we get some trophies to end the season on a high.

Football is fucked and has been for a while. I said Klopp was the only thing keeping me interested so I might have to find something else to do now.

6 Likes

In fairness we were an easy fanbase to unify. Just had to sell Lucas and the biggest division in history was gone.

Really wished my mind was severanced right now so I had no knowledge of anything that was happening outside work, fucking tired of holding back these tears & I have to wait another 5 fucking hours before I can get home, strap on some big boy pants and cry myself to sleep. :rage: :rage:

1 Like

I broadly share your sentiment but the timing is almost perfect. All things come to an end and better at the end of this year rather than last year and better now than in sour terms for health or form!

3 Likes

Last dance…
Let’s get them all!

(Btw I find myself in tears, quite destroyed…)

5 Likes

That’s a very uninspiring list.

2 Likes

When Kenny left it was also a bolt out of the blue. But you could see he was broken. The suddenness of Kenny’s departure left a hole that took the club a long time to fill but left the fans (speaking personally) heartbroken but fully supportive of his reasons.
I hope the club have been working on a replacement and not hoping he changes his mind!

5 Likes

I think somebody’s just having a laugh! Simeone? Gerrard? Ten Hag?

Give me a fucking break :rofl:

3 Likes

We all love Xabi and could be something different but good.

But no one else has the charisma of Klopp, to go with managerial and leadership abilit

2 Likes

It’s a tall order for anyone to follow Klopp: everyone else feels like a step down.
However, I would hope it would be Xabi

8 Likes

The Ten Haag one did make me chuckle.

3 Likes

Yeah don’t get people questioning the timing. Was impossible to keep it secret and better now than it getting out when we’re a couple of games away from the title.

Maybe Alonso is already confirmed

7 Likes

Ha, tbf Roy Hodgson united the fan base also

2 Likes