Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Those cunts at PGMOL should be shitting themselves now,

Hope Jurgen lets rip at them after his final game for us

5 Likes

Biggest question mark is the decision makers left at the club.

Schmadtke is only here short-term, but it’s not like he would be the only one making the decision.

Big eyes on the club and Mike Gordon. There is no time now to get those sporting upstairs role sorted, we’ll need new head coach first.

This is where I was waiting Liverpool.

Prove that you’re bigger than this era, prove that you can remain at least competitive, if not successful, after Klopp.

2 Likes

Football in general, never mind us as fans… may never see the likes of Jurgen ever again

3 Likes

Well this is all a bit shit isn’t it? The last thing I expected to be reading on a chilly Friday morning at work having been overjoyed at purchasing 2 home tickets from the ballot.

I just pray it’s nothing more than him needing a break and he hasn’t had any bad news from his doctor or his close ones haven’t received any bad news from their doctors that he needs to take time out to be with them.

Whatever the reasons are and we can all speculate until we’re blue in the face, I respect his decision and fully support him.

1 Like

Bild is as factual as Mail :expressionless:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’ll have a positive effect on the players, though. The news should give them added impetus to win everything.
OTOH I wonder how the players we signed last summer might react to this? It’s likely that some of them joined because of Klopp.

2 Likes

Having watched the complete video, I get the impression that he is just run down now and would rather get out before it impacts his mental and physical health.

His comments about the 11mm and, in particular, his closing statements about how the media will try to use this announcement against us are most revealing: I think that, in time, he will come clean about how the club is treated differently to others.

YNWA, Jurgen. I am not one who uses the word “legend” lightly, but you are unequivocally one.

25 Likes

So it was already well reported that Klopp had stepped away from leading training - clutching at straws but given the annoucement is that he is stepping down as manager could there be any chance that he will actually move into the Sporting Director role?

1 Like

How are they supposed to do so? There’s only one of him. The only way from here is down.

Watching the video. Defnetely no return to the PL and definitely taking a break for one year.

8 Likes

I think the club’s own headline is that he’s leaving Liverpool though? I haven’t watched the interview but I think he’s leaving football in general.

EDIT: What @GermanRed said.

1 Like

I think Sporting Director is different. Is there any notable player/manager working as SD? Maybe a member of the Board/Management.

Obviously Alonso has been linked with us and RM, and I wonder if it’s no coincidence that this announcement has been made just a few weeks after Ancelotti extended his contract at RM.

4 Likes

I choose to live in my fantasy that he’s moving upstairs and just relinquishing coaching duties. Leave me alone its my home now.

5 Likes

Even the NOS (Dutch BBC) has it on their frontpage …

3 Likes

Best manager of the modern era that we’ve had but everything must come to an end. It’s such a stressful job that he must need to get away altogether from football for a while or for good. The fans love him and he is a true legend. Good luck to him whatever he chooses to do in the future.

7 Likes

It’s time for a new legend…

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

The last 30 seconds of the video - wow :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Gutted.

3 Likes

The amount of idiots across all social media platforms who have decided with no basis that this is FSG fault is truly mind boggling.

4 Likes