Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Just get in the box son, fall over and we’ll do the rest.

1 Like

Jurgen Klopp: “Confidence is a small flower and obviously someone has stamped on it and now at this moment we have to find a new one and we will.”

9 Likes

I can’t see why anyone would question the man. He does his talking on the pitch.

3 Likes

Fucking legend.

He sings to me.

3 Likes

I am sure we wouldn’t have lost so many poins had we started Nat and Williams as CB, and play Fab and Hendo in the mid. I am not sure why Klopp wants even young CB’s to be ballers. You just don’t play a high line with Nat and Rhy. Hardly teams attack us except during set pieces. Nat Philips is a very good header of the ball and Fab is the best CDM around. With 2 CB’s out Klopp is playing 2 midfielders out of position. It’s like losing 4 players now. Apart from couple of mistakes and I can’t remember even 1 from Nat they have been very good. Why not give a chance to the youngsters? The midfield of Fab/Hendo/ with Thiago or Shaq or Gini is far superior. We are putting out teams like 4 first teamers are injured.(2 in the mid and 2 in defence)

2 Likes

Hang in there fella, it’s gonna be alright

This is for Klopp only

3 Likes

If you subscribe to The Athletic I highly recommend Honigstein’s piece on The Boss posted yesterday. It is a fascinating comparison, the current situation to the 14/15 Dortmund side. Some of us discussed this very comparison in the Burnley match thread, a day before this was even posted.

I will offer no opinion on the content, other than to say it’s a compelling read.

5 Likes

Thanks Neukolln. For those of us without subs, are you able to share the answer to the question they posed: what did he do to get Dortmund out of their 14-15 slump?

1 Like

Short answer is when they had the winter break they were able to sort out some challenges via video analysis and time on the training pitch and they played much better the rest of the way. And, much like now, the advanced stats said they were actually playing better than their record at the time would have indicated.

However, during the struggling period, the trust had eroded and decayed between JK, and the board. He was being questioned were his tactics “decoded” by the opposition, had his approach gone stale, were players as eager to commit as faithfully as they once did, and even the match day program questioned whether he had a Plan B. Things were so tense at one point that the Boss actually slapped one of his players in the face on the training pitch. Subotic had an interesting quote in that piece, he said, when guys start winning and have achieved a great things, you’re less likely to say “yes” to everything the manager asks of you, that you once did.

The Boss decided to leave Dortmund.

The rest is history.

14 Likes

Let’s hope it doesn’t repeat.

1 Like

Thanks a million for this great article Neukolln. It was an eye opener and very informative.

3 Likes

Thanks Neukolln :+1:

3 Likes

Not sure who the daft prick of a commentator was with Tyler on Sunday but he referenced Klopp’s struggle with Dortmund that season but ended it with the titbit that Klopp left them in the relegation zone when he departed the club. Fuckwit.

5 Likes

I have no doubt Jurgen will have put every player under his microscopic gaze to see whether he can morph them into a 9month Virgil stand-in…
Grujic may well have been tried out if he was available…
Mona may have been instructed to feed Origi ‘Red Meat’ for a few weeks to see if it can fire up some aggression and spark a defensive side to his nature… He may want to try him out there.!
The point being…
When Jurgen wanted a holding midfielder he signed a right full back in Fabinho… It fooled us all. Not only were we unawares of this guy, but we had no idea what was planned for him.
Same strategy might be getting deployed for a Centre Back…
If Jurgen feels he has an immediate problem, he will cast his net far and wide to resolve the matter… within the financial constraints that may… OR may not… have been placed upon him.!
As fans, especially this weird season, our expectations will probably differ to that of the club, manager and owners.!

3 Likes

At the time Fabinho wasmy N°1 want for us also he had been playing regularly DM for a while before and was the position where he got noticed. Stop making rubbish up. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes
7 Likes

‘Privately’. There’s the problem right there. The only way to stand up to these fucking cheats is to call them out in public.
It vindicates what many of us have been saying all season, and in seasons past, but I wonder if those strange ‘voice of reason’ types we get on here will change their tune? Probably not, far more interested in shouting down those who can see the clear corruption we’ve been subjected to over the years.

12 Likes

What get’s me about those “LFC supporters” who pooh pooh the idea of corruption, bias, prejudice etc, bend over backwards to justify every decision given against us. Mané given offside? Yes, it was, VAR doesn’t lie. Son offside? Absolutely not, there’s clear daylight between the line and his toenail blah blah. Makes me sick.

9 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes