• Clyne
  • Brannagan
  • Allen
  • Ibe
  • Firmino
  • Vilaca Teixeira
  • Origi
1 Like

Clyne scoring from left back, moment of his career!

:joy:

No, Liverpool, who drew their three opening games under Klopp, led when Clyne pounced after Adam Smith cleared Joao Carlos Teixeira’s flick off the line.

So Clyne didn’t score the first goal for LFC under Klopp.

Didn’t we play in the Europa League in one of the rare times Klopp wore a suit?

Bet it was someone like Can who scored.

2 Likes

Bingo!!!

Jurgen Klopp’s first European match in charge of Liverpool ended in a 1-1 draw at Anfield.

The Reds hosted Russian side Rubin Kazan in tonight’s Europa League group match as the result left Liverpool second in Group B.

The away side took the lead against Klopp’s team after Marko Devic beat the offside trap to score from close-range.

Rubin were reduced to 10 men in the 36th minute after Oleg Kuzmin was shown a second yellow card and from the resulting free-kick Emre Can finished from close range after a knock-down.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was Can.

I remember because it was almost destiny: a German scored the first goal under German manager.

Haha, knew it had to be someone random(ish), although ElCapitan is right in it had to be a German scoring first under a German manager.

Looking at the images now, it was one of those rare moments Klopp wore a suit (I think the League Cup Final was the other time), and then he stopped wearing them.

1 Like

And the first PL goal under Klopp was scored by Christian Benteke in a match against Southampton(15/16).

1 Like

Think Klopp then dropped the suit idea for good after we lost the League Cup final against City in 2016.

Sorry,
Didn’t know where to put this, i can’t find the TAN shop.
These are bespoke mugs for a limited time only. They are £16 each.

https://x.com/KarlThyer/status/1761471888172175704?t=rcgTHqrLsZmSZqbyZXpmRg&s=09

I am ordering two. Anyone want one?

The website is goldstar.co.uk. I have ordered from Karl, the artist before, so he is legit.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Posted at 18:0918:09

‘How do you come after Jurgen Klopp?’

FT: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

Jamie Redknapp

Former Tottenham midfielder on Sky Sports

What a man. How do you follow that? How do you follow Jurgen Klopp?

Trying to come to Liverpool after what he’s done and what he’s created, it’s virtually impossible. It is. The guy is just such a leader of men.

He’s led a city, every Liverpool fan around the world has looked up to that man and what he’s achieved.

He’s turned around a club that was struggling at the time and made everyone believe in what he was trying to achieve, and even those young players he has given opportunities to, the belief he has got in all of them.

He’s just an incredible human being

4 Likes

Former Liverpool midfielder, too.

5 Likes

@ISMF Hope you don’t mind me changing the thread title and can excuse my getting a-carried-awayness.

God bless you.

What fuckwit changed the thread title?

Klopp isn’t even the greatest manager in the club’s history

Give your head a wobble.

1 Like

Its hard to judge that Paisley, Shanks and the rest had a much leveller playing field to operate in.

3 Likes

Fixed it.

Let us have some fun tonight. We can change the title back to a serious one tomorrow.

2 Likes

Where’s the TAN pub, come on everyone and have a knees up and sing!!

:beer: :tropical_drink: :cocktail: :wine_glass: :champagne: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :tumbler_glass: :cup_with_straw: :chocolate_bar: :lollipop: :ice_cream: :shaved_ice: :doughnut: :cookie: :birthday: :cake: :cupcake: :coffee: :teapot: :bagel: :croissant: :waffle: :pizza: :hotdog: :sandwich: :taco: :burrito: :fries: :hamburger: :bacon: :poultry_leg: :meat_on_bone: :popcorn: :green_salad: :tamale: :stuffed_flatbread: :grapes: :watermelon: :cherries: :peach: :pineapple: :banana: :kiwi_fruit: :eggplant: :moon_cake: :bubble_tea: :beverage_box: :amphora: :ice_cube: :beverage_box: :champagne:

3 Likes