Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

When the evidence is there for all to see, it isn’t a conspiracy theory.

5 Likes

I complained about these figures before, and was told its because Liverpool draw more audience etc. Man Utd with ten less fixtures in that slot also draw a huge audience.

The stat following international breaks is staggering. City and Arsenal 2 fixtures each, Liverpool with 8.

Anyway, Klopp calls it out and it just might make the path of his successor a bit better.

6 Likes

Exactly. The stats, particularly post international breaks should be enough to suggest unfairness, inequity and bias against Liverpool.
How we can see anything other than that, given the evidence, given Klopps take on it is beyond me.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I loved that press conference. In a sporting sense, the season is over. We are in the CL next season and won’t win another trophy. So, Klopp sees this as the opportunity to come out with what bothers him, and as always, he does it in a smart, funny way. But you can see that some shackles are off now, and also that he is relieved to quit that corrupt shit-show called the PL.

Absolutely, that presser is another example of that.

4 Likes

We are way beyond the conspiracy theory stuff since quite some time.

1 Like

I know that (I’ve known it for thirty years).
You know that.
Jürgen knows that.
@Quicksand , @jaffod and others know that.

But there are still some naive or deluded souls who believe that the league is fair and that everything is decided on the pitch.

6 Likes

Especially after being brutalized by Hicks and Gillette, we were a shadow and it took a Klopp sized miracle to restore some belief.

3 Likes

Jürgen Klopp on a new manager arriving:

“When new people come in, if they want to know something they can call me, the whole world has my number unfortunately, so that means they will have it as well.”

“We can speak about absolutely everything, I love talking about everything in this club. I love talking with each person, whatever, it’s no problem. But it’s not about me or up to me to be available to ask he or she. It’s no problem, I will give whatever I know about whatever I will tell them about.”

"[The manager will inherit] a fantastic squad. A fantastic squad. Four weeks ago it was all fine and we just had too many injuries. It was like: ‘We could do this, we could do that, we need that.’ Thank God it’s not my job any more.

"That’s exactly the thing I don’t want to do any more. The people who decide in this club will be calm enough to make these decisions. They will all look at the information about the squad we have during the season. Age group is great, what’s coming up from the academy, positions, can you improve from outside? I don’t know if the money is there or not. That is not the thing.

“You always can [improve] but the basis is absolutely great. Look at the age of the midfield, really top. Stefan Bajcetic is back, that’s really cool. A centre-half if you have to buy him, you have to go really deep into the pockets. A right-back, if you need to buy one, you have to go really deep into your pockets.”

“Stefan, if you want to have a player like that, it’s really expensive. Up front, Jayden Danns, Lewis Koumas, Bobby Clark, James McConnell, they all did really well. That is the future of the club. Some will be here, some will go on loan, some will be sold. That’s all part of the thing. The basis we created is really good and that was the job I thought and how I understood that I had to do.”

7 Likes

More on this from the Beeb Jurgen Klopp says 12:30 kick-offs are a 'crime' - does Liverpool boss have a point? - BBC Sport

Edit - I personally love 12:30 being here in Aus, get to watch the match at a civilised hour for once!

1 Like

The 12.30 kick off isn’t the issue, per se. It is the grouping of the games, so we don’t have the turnaround time or prep time. And then factor in the amount of times our rivals get the same treatment, and it becomes a big disadvantage to us over the season.

I hope Jurgen comments on the PGMOL - lots of angles he can take there, even if he limits his observation to the percentage of losses during his tenure at the hands of just ONE referee!

Then finally, without fully sticking the boot in as the legal process needs to run its course [ahem] he can talk about how Man City have been allowed to continue to compete and win titles with 115 unanswered charges over their heads, taking us up to 2018.

4 Likes

The music is a bit annoying imo, but great memories

https://twitter.com/LFCGroove/status/1786801576528560355

6 Likes

It may not be much but at least Jurgen got to let off a bit of his frustrations. Hope to see more of this after he leaves.

2 Likes

To be honest, the way we played quite a few Sunday matches this season, I felt more relaxed when we had 12:30 kick-offs. I think our results in that time slot were actually pretty good this season.

Still, those stats only suggest that this team was a victim of its own success in more ways than one. They wouldn’t schedule our matches in that time slot if they didn’t have the viewership data that actually suggested that people wanted to watch Klopp and his team.

4 Likes

This is the reason, seems we are very watchable compared to other teams and have the fan base.

2 Likes
5 Likes

https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/1787524266054819840

3 Likes

I think it came to a point when they moved the goal posts for an Arsenal match and showed it at 7.30 on the Sat.

It’s generally not a slot they are allowed but for some reason it was fine.

https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/1787415466673049625?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1787415466673049625|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

7 Likes