Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Souness is alongside Stevie as the best midfielder I have seen for us.

1 Like
5 Likes

Former Liverpool Director of Research Ian Graham on whether Klopp became more difficult to work with:

“I can’t speak for Michael (Edwards) or Julian (Ward), but I was overdue a change. I’m not going to pretend that everything was always harmony and light at Liverpool.”

[James Pearce, The Athletic]

2 Likes

You mean there were disagreements from time to time between staff, management and the directors??? No way!!! Fuck a duck, this is exclusive type of insight I’ve been waiting 8 yeeeeeears for…cheers Ian. Cheers Mr “director of research”, only opinions I value on managers are the ones who ACUALLY work closest to them on a daily basis, i.e the players and their staff.

5 Likes

exactly…

id be dissappointed if it started coming out that Klopp was all peace and mung beans to work with…

1 Like

Pearce really hates Jürgen doesn’t he?

4 Likes

That quote totally overlooks the rest of the interview, during which Graham had only good things to say about his working relationship with Klopp.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Typical Pearce.

1 Like

Even the immediate context offers more clarity and less tabloid-y sensationalism.

5 Likes

https://x.com/ESPNUK/status/1827269617632313819

2 Likes
1 Like

Also sort of suggests what I and others said… if you spend somewhere that long you sometimes just need to cut loose and rest.

4 Likes

2 Likes

You lot are like teenage girls crying themselves to sleep every night because their boyfriend dumped them.

“Waaaaa… he still loves me! Waaaaaaa… one day he’ll come back! Waaaaaaa….”

He’s gone. Get over it.

6 Likes

litterally no one is behaving like that…

just a mark of respect for a man who gave us everything he had, and is still loved by the community… theres nothing wrong or controversial about wanted to see stuff about him…

7 Likes

Yeah, right.

And he didn’t “give his all” for the club. If he had, he wouldn’t have quit for health reasons.

I respect Jürgen as much as anyone, but I’m not going to get sentimental about him or rewrite what happened.

1 Like

He walked out mid contract.

2 Likes

jesus…

ok… can we at least be left alone in here to post things on him then?

3 Likes