Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Absolutely. Just saying he hasn’t managed to gain Klopp’s confidence for whatever reason.

2 Likes

I think he would have featured more if Jürgen had his preferred central defence available. Adding another newcomer at left back with all the upheaval in the middle was just too much.

6 Likes

Yes, I think Tsimikas and Neco would have had more minutes if we have had VVD-Gomez/Matip.

4 Likes

Correct, considering how poor our defensive line is with our current 4 (including Robbo/Trent) we’d be ripped appart.

2 Likes

i dunno if i buy into the line about VVD and Gomez impacting Tsmikas game time

i get the theory, i understand the concept.

i just think its overstated.

if anything, it should have meant resting Andy was absolutely a priority. that he hasnt been trusted -even after the leagues gone- is telling in my book ESPECIALLY because the defence is so threadbare. its the opposite of a reason for him not to play.

hes an able body at a time when it should be all hands on deck.

reminds me (stretch of the imagination here required) a bit of the Dani Pacheco conundrum…the amount of reasons i drummed out that he wasnt getting game time was getting ridiculous, when the whole time, the truth was staring me in the face, i just didnt want to accept it.

3 Likes

I really don’t understand the theories that Tsimikas must be really bad in training and not good enough. The boy has not even got a look in. Not sure if he has started a league or even came on since he has been fit from January.
We have heard of many players in our own team, who are absolute shite in training , but then play a blinder on match days. So, I don;'t agree with these theories of him not getting a chance because of being extremely poor in training. There were a host of clubs after this guy, when we pulled his transfer off.

I actually feel there is more to what meets the eye in this case. And to me this smells more like a conspiracy somewhere like a power battle. And, It wouldn’t surprise me if this is that ghost called “committee” which bought him , as he wasn’t Klopp’s choice. But, It’s just my own personal theory…I have no proof.
I can understand the Jurgen’s perspective of being extra careful by not having all set of complete set of strangers in defence. But, he should be getting a few minutes here and there, atleast near the end of game where we have some control or need a different dimension.Especially, the Arsenal game was a classic example , we were in complete control even at 2-0, but he doesn’t get a look in, not even for last 5 min. And, I guess this will probably be the same which Ben Davies will go through and I won’t surprised Kostas will be off in the summer, if he has the skill and any ambitions.

1 Like

I think you need to think of the big picture rather than just Robbo vs Kostas. For example, Klopp has spoken about how part of the issue he had getting Minimino on the pitch was that the other selections he was forced to make made us lightweight and shorter than he’d like, so he tended to look to Origi instead, or play Bobby maybe in more games than he otherwise would have.

For Kostas he is a new player in a new country playing a role that has a lot of organizational responsibility in a back line that NEEDS help in that regard given the lack of consistency there has been.

I think both Neco and Kostas have suffered this season from Klopp feeling he had to keep going with the first choice full back to provide some semblance of a cohesion in a backline that otherwise changed every game.

7 Likes

I don’t want to derail this thread, but this is an interesting point and I don’t entirely disagree. In particular, I’ve always thought Shaqs and Taki were committee buys, because they were bargains, not specifically players Jürgen wanted.

2 Likes

It doesn’t add up I’m afraid, Tsimikas was on a list of Robbo “like” players before we signed a left back, in terms of everything Robbo brings to the table.

I think there is zero chance we have a disconnect between Edwards and Klopp. I think due to the center back messing around Klopp may have got frustrated with Gordon (FSG) but certainly no committee v’s Klopp stuff going on.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any committee signings or Klopp signings. Shaqiri has played less than 2500 mins in last three seasons, but he has played in many important games and been crucial in lots of them. He could have played more, but his fitness record is rather sketchy.

There are no committee buys. Klopp has the final say on all signings. This isn’t 2015 with Rodgers in charge.

1 Like

Well, I agree, there could be completely nothing between Edwards and Boss It was a crazy bit of imagination, as I said in my post, because I am left scratching my head, for reasons to not use all the cards Klopp has been dealt with.

I completely understand the idea of not risking another complete stranger in the defence, and I also mentioned the same in my post. But , it still doesn’t make any sense to not give the boy even a chance, even like for 5 -10 min in a game, when you are cruising .

1 Like

I agree with your point. But, how many times have we been cruising in recent times?

2 Likes

@Iftikhar Blimey :smile: , cruising was just an example for the Arsenal game !!! I am watching the same season as you :wink: Let’s remove the word “cruising” and replace it with “in a game in general.”

Don’t have to be so fussy on words mate :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

So, basically, we quite possibly have only 14 months left of Klopp as boss. A large number of our key players are entering the latter stages of their careers, and CL qualification, and thus the ability to attract new players, is in jeopardy. I hope there’s some serious planning going on behind the scenes as to the squad and succession or we could be heading for some very lean times.

His contract runs till June 2024.

https://www.goal.com/en-bh/news/jurgen-klopp-contract-when-does-liverpool-deal-expire/bp9xdt99o75v1qabn7dva77gi

Sorry, I was misled!

It’s true about the squad though. Some serious rebuilding is going to have to happen soon.

1 Like

Yeah. I was saying the same few posts earlier. Great minds… :sunglasses:

2 Likes
10 Likes