Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

The more the merrier.
The irony of of your post obviously defeats you.

I still believe Klopps rant after the 7 - 0 at Palace which put us 7 points clear at the top as one of the contributing factors to the 2nd half of the season collapse.

5 Likes

Yup, interesting thing I noted this weekend, it was the social media black out which I think was a good idea, however the way football has been presented and is presented helps fuel this.

They hype it up they treat it as combat and then step back no wonder it boils over.

Social media can’t police itself well enough, when they hand out bans for calling someone a racist knob but not the guy who was a racist.

But the broadcast media and the press fuelled this. By treating every match as a combative fight to the death between two clubs that despise one another when in fact it’s usually two clubs that are more alike and from similar backgrounds.

90% of football clubs are still routed in their communities and reflect that. I will also throw politicians in with the media. They are no better when it comes to stirring the pot.

7 Likes

Exactly this. I’ve posted many times, both here and on TIA, about how the enmity between clubs has multiplied infinitely since Sky came in.

Sure, there were always rivalries and there has always been violence. But it has never been as bad as it is now, especially given that physical violence at matches is much less frequent so it all becomes online aggression (sorry, I meant “bantz”) instead.

7 Likes

Yup violence at the stadiums is mostly small and can be dealt with (bar yesterday) but stuff online is much harder and can be as dangerous

2 Likes

Fuck off Lineker, your hate for everything Liverpool is well known.

3 Likes

Lineker is a heap of shit in a bag of silk.

Edit, just found the right English expression I think: he’s a silk stocking, filled with shit. Or better: shit in a silk stocking.

4 Likes

Mate of mine works on MOTD, doesn’t speak highly of him.

2 Likes

I’m concerned the longer all this ESL anger and resentment towards the six English clubs continues (correction, against four English clubs, City and Chelsea appear to have emerged from this smelling of roses) Klopp will leave. Maybe I’m reading him wrong, but his mood seems down beat and it can only be attributed to the constant battering the club is getting from the media. Every time he’s interviewed now, he has to deal with the same questions over and over again about the ESL and FSG’s role in it. Now Lineker is tweeting about Klopp, which will encourage other media leeches to jump on the bandwagon.
Klopp is only human and eventually the day will come when he’s had enough of all this, and walks. I hope I’m wrong.

As Klopp said, calm down. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, I’m calm, it’s the media who are hysterical.

1 Like

Then there’s no need for the negative thinking. No need even for a chocolate. :grin:

2 Likes

Posted at 13:3113:31

‘Well deserved’

Man Utd v Liverpool (Thurs, 20:15 BST)

Liverpool

Having had to concede his crown, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Manchester City’s title victory is a “great achievement”.

“I texted Pep [Guardiola] last night and I have already texted Ilkay [Gundogan],” said Klopp.

"Very well done after a very difficult year for everyone, not just in football.

"What they have achieved so far is exceptional. When you bring together financial resources and football knowledge, you have a good chance to create something special.

"This is obviously the case. They have a brilliant squad and the best manager in the world. It is always a joy to play against them because it’s such a massive challenge.

“You can beat them but you have to be at your very top. Well deserved and congratulations.”

Class act is our Jurgen.

9 Likes

The words “financial resources” need to be highlighted!

Klopp is very much a class act, but I can’t help but notice he managed to get this in there, in his own understated way.

Still, I expect it will get under Pep’s skin, who will only want to hear about his own genius, and not the money he has had at his disposal.

6 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

https://youtu.be/azRRNa03-M0

8 Likes

The press officers comment was class as well.

Fascinating insight into the HR practices at Talksport, there.

:rofl:

4 Likes

I absolutely love our boss. “If you could imagine me as a player”. I can. A player who would give his all for the ninety odd minutes of a game and bd as fierce as a tiger, but would revert back to his normal charming self once the game was over.

4 Likes