Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

He seemed to calm himself down, as in realising it was too early in the game to get too carried away. Think people are reading too much into it!

2 Likes

Prefer reading too much into it if it’s good tbh :wink:

3 Likes

Love the boss

2 Likes

The hindsight argument is that we lost so many fucking games, we might as well have had Nat and Rhys in there learning on the job anyway.

The counter to that is that a run of just getting beat every week might have ruined them, especially Rhys.

The argument to this is that with the midfielders back in midfield, we might not have been beaten every week.

And so on.

The important thing is that Klopp did what he thought was right at the time. He gets most things spot on, so if this one didn’t pan out, it’s still all good.

The really sobering thing about last season was that if Van Dijk hadn’t done his knee, we’d had probably pissed the league. Everton should sort themselves a trophy for that. Pop it in that cupboard instead of the cuckoo clock.

8 Likes

I think he was wise to build the defence away from the scrutiny really.

I think we all thought for a time that Fabinho was better than a Williams/Phillips back line but though I thought Phillips could step up I was impressed with the way Williams did after the games earlier than season.

3 Likes

tbh… I feel the same way sometimes :joy:

7 Likes

To be fair that was my reaction….And it’s my first language.

6 Likes

As Alan Partridge would say, “that was just a noise”

1 Like

What language was that? :rofl:
I always agree with Melenchon about journalists, to do the job they should speak an intelligible language. :joy:

1 Like

I feel exactly the same as Klopp, did not understand a word of it, what language was that? :scream:

3 Likes

Great clip, well spotted. You can see him cocking that right fist ready to do the pump when he spots Rafa.

2 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes

Given the circumstances, I shouldn’t be feeling bad after the Spurs match but I can’t help it - because of Klopp. I feel like someone brought a hammer to my soul as there’s every chance that he won’t win another trophy with Liverpool because he’s fighting an uphill battle with weights tied around his feet.

This season alone, VAR destroyed his team against West Ham and Spurs - that’s quite possibly five points lost. He’s struggling against AFCON absences, he’s struggling against injuries, he’s struggling against people who refuse to take a vaccine in the 21st century, he’s always trying to play by the rules and within the club’s means. Fucking hell, I bet he’ll run to his home and turn off his phone and not answer to any mail for a year once his Liverpool contract expires.

13 Likes

I feel your pain and my gut feeling is that this Covid outbreak is going to fuck up our title challenge, but my gut’s been wrong before. The odds are against him but he knew they were when he took the job. In fact I think it’s why he took the job. He’s a great man and manager and he will find a way. He hasn’t won his last trophy with Liverpool.

6 Likes

Yes, but the odds that were against weren’t in terms of incompetence in the referring against his side seen more than against the others. Financially yes, he knew what he was getting into. But today he called it out loud on the actual problem that isn’t called out enough.

How could this not be bothering him I wonder. There’s just too much against him for even a positive cheerful human like Klopp to just digest it.

1 Like

The worst part about it is that the reward isn’t there. The 3 major titles so far are too few to show for the work he has done. He was cheated out of the league in 2019, he never got the chance to defend the title in 2021 due to the injuries and the pandemic and this season seems to be heading down the same way.

3 Likes

He’ll get on with it. He’s a fighter and will take motivation from the situation. He has lived through other situations which would have crushed any other manager but he came out on top of them. It will be the same here.

The only thing he can’t fight against is corruption. In that kind of cases, he’s obviously mightless. For all the other aspects, the sporting ones, he’ll find a way.

4 Likes

I think JK is looking more and more pissed off with the obstacles put in his way, by the Premier League and the incompetence/dishonesty of referees in this country. Eventually he’s going to say “Fuck this, I’ve had enough”.

2 Likes

I dont see it forcing him out the club. Developing the players and the club infrastructure are just as important to him as winning things.

9 Likes