Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Jota was fouled. Not even borderline. He was forcefully pushed over, from behind. Penalty all day long.

Without having it in front of me again, from memory he is just getting ready to hit it with his left. He hasn’t stopped at all. He is in position to shoot, close in, and probably score. The stopping thing is not even part of it, apart from that’s apparently what Tierney said to Klopp.

Penalty all day long.

As for Kane, red all day long, although a closer look at that incident does reveal that he is the England captain.

Final point, the main reason why we drew was because the midfield we put out there was probably our 6th-8th choices. The main trio of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago have been getting some games together and have been doing really well of late, one or two misbobbles from Thiago notwithstanding. Elliott started the season looking like he had been upgraded to playing more regularly too. And we all expected Curtis Jones to feature more this season, after some good stuff last season, but a weird eye injury put the skids on that for a few weeks. So we had a pensioner (reliable, love him, but past his best now) a kid (looks like the makings of a good player, but not one to start a high level Prem game, yet, unless you have to) and a talented guy who has been in and out the side and hasn’t been the player for us we hoped he would be.

Lots of reasons why we didn’t win. Alison’s mistake is also a factor, but on the whole, he was in credit in the game with some good saves.

Kane sending off, Jota penalty… huge factors.

The midfield we were able to put on the pitch was the biggest factor, for me. And that touches on covid rules, as there is a suspicion that teams aren’t all playing fairly with that. More than a suspicion.

2 Likes

Kane gets sent off after 20 minutes and we thrash Spurs. Not even a debate for me.

9 Likes

Wow, considering what was said and everything I expected a hefty fine.

Effectively they’ve admitted guilt in the FA way of doing it.

7 Likes

Also, English isn’t his first language, so sometimes what he wants to say isn’t what is said.

2 Likes

Considering how we did against Chelsea, it’s not a given.

But had we lost 1-0 with the correct refereeing decisions I’d have taken that. Because that’s with the game run properly as it should have been, so we would have had no complaints about anything other than our luck/how good Spurs are at 10 men behind the ball/how poor we were. It’s closer to the idea of “what we deserve” so I have no qualms with that.

This though? This is an absolute daylight robbery. It robs both teams of what could have been if the game had been refereed properly. A proper football game.

3 Likes

The premier league are not doing Jurgen any favours by not taking his comments any further…
They only doing themselves one… they want to put the lid on this can of worms as quickly as possible

5 Likes

The directive this year is to be harder on forwards going down under contact they have created. It’s a good directive as its put in place to stop those pens from the likes of grealish and Kane of a forward sticking a leg out and then going down under the minimal contact created by them going out of their way to initiate. This incident looks like an example of a ref seeing something because he was told to look out for it. He is not saying the player in possession cannot stop himself to steady himself. He is saying that isn’t what he thought Jota did and instead maneuvered himself into that position solely to create contact he could go down under instead of trying to get off the shot.

It is not a defensible interpretation of what happened, and instead is an example of a ref being told he has a hammer and then seeing everything as a nail.

4 Likes

So proud of you Mr Klopp. No one should be penalised for telling the truth.

3 Likes

That was exactly my take as well. They just want it to ‘go away’.

3 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

The penalty non-call…well the only reasoning you can give is that the ref froze. All day it’s a penalty. And not calling it fucked up the entire game. Spurs missed an almost identical penalty later (sure it was a little softer but also there), and the ref deciding to be consistent based on the Jota non-pen meant players decided to use that and barge over other players with the ref doing nothing about it. The ref gave every player on that pitch an invitation to play by their own rules in regards to barging with the shoulder. He completely lost control of the match.

It’s pretty evident when a ref has lost control of the match as players will continually overstep the mark and yellow cards will be handed out like candy which is exactly what happened.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Driver will still be searching the coach wondering where his bottles of beer have gone…!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Fans, check the best before date on those bottles, they’re from the crate bought specially for our Crystal Palace defeats.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for posting. Not much that’s new if you’ve read their colleague’s biography they are not so subtly plugging throughout.
We are a big football club and we have grown in the last 6 ¼ years. Jürgen has also grown and probably way more than at the other clubs he might have joined.

3 Likes

Wonder when Jurgen will be wearing his favourite Heavy Metal shirt again… :0)

1 Like

I want it.

2 Likes
5 Likes