Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

4 Likes

Sack the cunt.

It’s an intelligent response to a brain-dead, button-pushing piece of tabloid faux outrage. This was a complete non-story created solely to vilify Liverpool fans. Front page news with everything that’s going on in the world? I honestly thought it was a photo-shopped joke when I first saw the headline. Fortunately Liverpool couldn’t have a better spokesman than Klopp, not just for the club but for the city.

6 Likes

Oh I didn’t even know the Tories were kicking off on this. Of course they are:

"No,” he said after being asked if the prime minister believes there is ever a justifiable reason to jeer the anthem. "Obviously the events over the weekend, it was a great shame that as we were making 150 years of the FA Cup that brings people together that a small minority chose to act in that way.”

Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle had led the criticism over the weekend. He told The Mail on Sunday: “I utterly condemn any fans who booed Prince William at Wembley. The FA Cup final should be an occasion when we come together as a country. It should not be ruined by a minority of fans’ totally shameful behaviour. In this year of all years – the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – this is dreadful.”

Haha fuck off cunts. We totally accept your right to boo taking the knee but don’t touch the National Anthem. ‘Coming together’. Ha! The Tories of all people say this! :joy: :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Lindsay Hoyle was a Labour MP before he was elected speaker for whatever it’s worth.

That said, his outrage, along with Boris and The Daily Mail, will surely discourage our supporters from this kind of behaviour in the future.

You’d be surprised if it had the complete opposite effect.

3 Likes

Hoyle is utter garbage as speaker.

Absolute tosh this is, seems that the public seem to be in general support of the crowd and the Tories and their cheerleaders would rather make this a story than stuff in NI or the cost of Living (though they’ve failed with both).

Sorry to be slightly political but it’s really annoying, Ed Davey was banging on about it as well, the best response has been from Klopp, these things don’t happen in isolation.

9 Likes

Nobody can deny Klopp is a great manager.

8 Likes

Can Steve Nicol shut the fuck up. He just comes across as a crotchety old git nowadays. Jurgen has a right to push for fixture congestion. That’s how change comes about, people speaking out!

6 Likes

It really annoys me when former players and managers talks nonsense about football issues. I mean these guys know that it’s a problem, a big one. Yet, they act like if they agree with Klopp they will be his shadows.

2 Likes

“On the back of last season, Klopp said it was the toughest of his managerial career,” said Carragher. "But to come back, that’s one of his biggest strengths. Not tactical - he’s brilliant at everything - but his character, taking them so close to the title losing out by a point then to be able to come back win the league next season and then be able to come back and fight.

“Last season with the injuries, only made one signing in the summer, Konate, who’s really a squad player or a backup centre-back and they’ve played 60 games and lost three.”

Neville also spoke of his admiration for Klopp and praised the conviction the coach has in his decisions at crucial points in games.

“Three finals, getting close to City, it’s undisputed, what he’s done this season is exceptional,” he said.

"He built that team that had that three or four years and I thought they were just starting to decline - not a big amount - then he’s just brought them back and it’s absolutely brilliant.

“His guts in games, the substitutions, how he interferes with matches I think is just the best. His spirit and personality is infectious, it’s important to Liverpool as a city. The way he goes for matches, he’s one of the very best.”

11 Likes
23 Likes

The man is the embodiment of Liverpool FC. Perfect in every way.

8 Likes
10 Likes

The Boss’ pose after Joel looping header vs the Saints makes me chuckle.
The Boss after Matip looping header vs the Saints 2022-05-18 091711

9 Likes

I’ve made that same pose myself many’s the time…

3 Likes

This is what his statue is going to look like.

9 Likes

A new German video. Interestingly Christian Heidel tells that he complained a bit about Klopp’s contract extension because they actually had other plans.

3 Likes

He really is the bossest of bosses. When you compare him to any other manager of any other club in the PL at least.

Over at those clubs the managers are just employees of the club. There one month, likely to be gone the next (following an indeterminate number of bad results). Fans, the city, the club, the players, no one will really miss them.

However, at Liverpool, Klopp is the MAN. He is more than just a manager, an employee of a sporting club. He is central to everything at this club. He just fuckin runs the show.

Normally, at least in my experience of being an LFC fan over the last 14 years, there’s always been a small but vocal group whingeing about the manager and calling for him to be replaced (just look at redcafe to see this in action). However, you don’t see this at all with Klopp. No one will be happy when he leaves, no forumites feeling vindicated. Instead, there will be mourning, and a sense of an end of a magical era.

What a man. What a manager. We are so lucky.

11 Likes

I’m trying to learn German, but the speech in the video is waaay too fast for me.

2 Likes

Same all Duolingo has learnt me yet is that Frau Merkel ist Kanzerlin and she isn’t even that anymore

1 Like