Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

13 Likes

Thanks, that’s very interesting.

4 Likes

Klopp is awesome

4 Likes

Definitely will be getting a statue when he leaves.

1 Like

Really interesting. Thanks for posting. Just a little insight into how much detail goes into the preparation.

2 Likes

6 Likes

With hindsight, it was always clear that a man of his quality and consistency would eventually win many trophies, once established at the helm of a genuinely big club, given proper backing and enough patience to get all pieces together.

But it has been an incredible ride to see all of this quietly develop under our eyes… Now, we are there. The basis is laid for a lot of other trophies in the next years imo, irrespectively of what happens in the next two weeks.

And Kloppo has agreed to spend more time with us! Isn’t that a great perspective! :hearts:

10 Likes

And yet you’ll still get people moaning about the owners… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

At this point and in my book, there is literally zero reason to moan about the owners. And that’s from someone who took many years before being turned around. Klopp’s appointment was for me the obvious major turning point, that was a masterstroke. Since then, they have hardly put a foot wrong. Fingers crossed that they will stay on that impeccable track.

10 Likes

FSG clearly learned from their early missteps. That gives me hope for the long term future of the club and the succession planning in all departments.

…Or Klopp is just that good

4 Likes

Odd how fans will criticise this which all makes reasonable sense and yet will jump for ludicrous crap like the caffeine thing.

The point about personal management of selection over public is certainly something.

11 Likes

Klopp said in his post match presser that he approached a company called Neuro 11, 2 years ago that help improve teams in penalty shootouts and he’s been working with them since. He actually dedicated the win to them as well,so i’m assuming a lot of these things have been coached.

Also i noticed that before one of our boys took a kick, Alisson was there, ready to hand the ball to them and had some words of encouragement/reassurance perhaps. Didn’t notice this before.

10 Likes

Yeah I noticed that

2 Likes

I remember being in the hesitant group about his appointment. I love the football he played and what I knew of the attitude that he infused into the players that enabled them to play that way. I’ve seen first hand how common it is for players to stop thinking of football as being something they can enjoy playing and I loved that he made that part of his teams. But I didn’t think that was enough and had concerns about the sustainability of his footballing approach.

I think it’s clear that I under rated his footballing intelligence, but most of all it appears I massively underestimated that power of Klopp the man. People focus on the overt bits that are easy to copy (the public hugs of the players), but there is so much grit and warmth and compassion and empathy that sit under the surface that when combined pull all of those more visible bits together, and does so into a once in a lifetime sort of package.

We are so honoured to have had him at our club.

10 Likes

Has to laugh at a few of the comments saying it didn’t make much difference as Chelsea only missed one more. Wonder if they’ve realised that missing that and it being ‘not that much difference’ resulted in the Cup going our way. Morons.

Quite the difference, I’d say.

9 Likes

Yeah Geir is great

1 Like

6 Likes

Love him

14 Likes
12 Likes

He always says the right thing

6 Likes